Crossovers for new DIY speakers

tromprof

I am toying with the idea of building a new trio of speakers for my living room HT system. Not enough room for bass horns so direct radiator bass.  I would build a three way design using 12 inch woofers in their own boxes (bass), with my trio of Volti horns with EV DH1A drivers for the mids. Not sure about tweeters yet.

I am not sure what to do about crossovers. I could go electronic, but that would mean creating a more complex system and risk annoying She Who must Be Obeyed.  Passives would allow me to use the Pioneer AVR that is currently in place, but I know zero about designing and building passives . I am wondering if I could use an existing  passive design with either slight or no modification?

Electronic crossovers are easy for me to figure out how to make fit, having already done it with my basement system.

I am in no hurry, this is just in the planning stage. The living room system sounds ok, better than I would have thought using KG4s as fronts. But those excellent Volti horns are just sitting there in my basement, unused, and begging for a new purpose.

Thoughts appreciated

1 hour ago, JohnA said:

Wanna learn crossovers?

https://www.parts-express.com/x-over-3-pro-software-cd-rom--500-919

Bass design?

https://www.parts-express.com/bassbox-lite-software-cd-rom--500-921

I'd look at this tweeter:

HFinBelle.jpg

Available as a kit from Al K or in parts from Faslane Audio and Parts Express. 

Thanks. I will check it out.