Temperature

Major

Hello there.

Quick question.

Due to maintenance i could not heat up my apartment the whole time ( 4 weeks )

I believe everybody noticed the artic cold on the eastcoast of the US.

I have been in Germany for 4 weeks and will be returning on Sunday. 

Tomorrow it will be 72 F instead of 0 F six days ago, so a huge differnce.

I am very worried that my Klipsch Speakers could have been suffered from the artic cold and the temprature difference.

Can you give me any advice how to proceed on Sunday? 

Thank you.

i own 

2 x RP280

1 x RP450

2 x RP250S

2 x RP160M

1 x SW115

I dont know the temperature in my apartment. Its mostly 50-55:::but with artic cold last week ijust dont know how much it cooled down..

no high humidity is currently not an issue i believe...it was just cold and i will heat it up on sunday

You'll be fine.  Think of all the stuff that gets shipped FedEx, UPS, etc this time of year.  My subwoofers felt like ice cubes when I got them delivered the other day.  I let them sit inside for several hours before setting them up.

Also what about all the cars that sit outside during that kind of weather?  They're fine.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I would think as long as you don't warm them up quickly there is no problem. 

I have some Heresy's 1's outside in a covered bar area for 3 years now. It gets into the teens on a few days during the winter and close to 100 during the summer, no problems so far. They do not get wet from rain but open to humidity and temp changes year round, and they get played regardless of temps.

They will be fine - think about car audio. I have a Jeep with an Infinity set up and the vehicle is not parked in a heated space. It’s -38 here today and they sound fine. I’ve had this vehicle for eight winters here and can’t hear any difference from the day I brought it home new. 

• Like 1

Hey Guys.

Thank you very much for all the answers and advices.

i arrived home last night and it was 41F in my apartment. I jeated up all night to 72F and the boxes were warmed up this morning with a lower sound, so i hope they heated up appropriately.

now its time for The Expendables :)

• Like 3