CL Austin - CBRs for $400

bkevind

Cornwalls go for $800 all day long.  Since Texas seems to have higher prices for used Klipsch than the rest of the country makes these an even better value IMO.

As long as all the drivers work and the other speaker doesn't look damaged (only one pic) then someone @bkevindshould go get those.  It's a safe investment.

+++

Notes:  CBR should be Cornwall Birch Raw.  The ad says Walnut.  I see the ad is in the CL Musical Instruments section, not electronics.  A lot of people will miss the ad since it is in the wrong place.

50 minutes ago, bkevind said:

There is also a pair of Quartets for $500. 

That's more like Texas prices.  Rings on top, seams coming apart, dented in passive radiators.  The Seller says condition "Good."  Uh, no, those are in poor condition.  Average documented prices for Quartets is closer to $425-$450.

In that poor condition way overpriced, but for for Texas, maybe not.  Who knows?

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

That's more like Texas prices.  Rings on top, seams coming apart, dented in passive radiators.  The Seller says condition "Good."  Uh, no, those are in poor condition.  Average documented prices for Quartets is closer to $425-$450.

In that poor condition way overpriced, but for for Texas, maybe not.  Who knows?

haha Yeah that's why they've been on CL for a while now. Most of the time Texas (Austin area especially) vintage/heritage Klipsch prices are usually high.  I think there is a pair of Forte 1 for 700+. 

49 minutes ago, TFR1 said:

2 Cornwalls for $400!!

Someone must be close enough to jump on that deal.

I would drive from GA to Austin to pick up at that price.

TFR1

Yes I am, and thinking about it pretty hard.  I have other hobbies to attend to, but...

41 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Someone should at least have a look.

Thinking hard!

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Cornwalls go for $800 all day long.  Since Texas seems to have higher prices for used Klipsch than the rest of the country makes these an even better value IMO.

As long as all the drivers work and the other speaker doesn't look damaged (only one pic) then someone @bkevindshould go get those.  It's a safe investment.

+++

Notes:  CBR should be Cornwall Birch Raw.  The ad says Walnut.  I see the ad is in the CL Musical Instruments section, not electronics.  A lot of people will miss the ad since it is in the wrong place.

Ah I thought the price seemed pretty good, but didn't have a full understanding of the value of Cornwalls.  Only one picture in the ad so no telling just how good the condition is.  I didn't notice the ad section, I search the top of Austin CL for Klipsch for that reason...this could work in my favor.  Time to contact the seller...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bkevind said:

Ah I thought the price seemed pretty good, but didn't have a full understanding of the value of Cornwalls.

I just sent you my Heritage Spreadsheet.  It's a nice research tool and can give you some historical perspective on used pricing.

Check your PM.

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I just sent you my Heritage Spreadsheet.  It's a nice research tool and can give you some historical perspective on used pricing.

Check your PM.

Got it, thank you for that.

I've emailed the seller, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Maybe they read the forum commentary...........pricing discussions amongst us have regularly proven to undermine posted deals.

Shhh

<add>

A simple :emotion-21::emotion-45:, :emotion-55: for more info needed, or even a :pwk_bs: button would get your point across without so much chatter on the list prices.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

Maybe they read the forum commentary...........pricing discussions amongst us have regularly proven to undermine posted deals.

Shhh

<add>

A simple :emotion-21::emotion-45:, :emotion-55: for more info needed, or even a :pwk_bs: button would get your point across without so much chatter on the list prices.

Yep, could be.  Fair enough, I'm glad the seller will get the "right" price for their speakers.  Just no interest for me at 800 because they aren't worth nearly that much to me :D  400 was a fair price to me, whatever the market says.  But that's because I really don't have a place for them.  At a 400 price point, it's a decent enough deal (for once in my life...) that it was worth splurging a little to grab them.

The HIP-2 are in the garage and I'm wanting to improve them.  The garage is a harsh place, and the only place I have left that I can play with new old stuff, so something like the Cornwalls are probabaly too nice to be in there.  The cheap Polks, HIP-2, and R-14M's in there I care less about in that environment.

But good news for me, I can save for some larger purchases for other hobbies that have been calling to me impatiently for the past year as I collected various audio equipment throughout 2017.  I do need a couple of nice ceiling speakers for the kitchen though, and ... maybe some outdoor speakers for the deck.  Not to mention the chunk of change I'll likely spend on the HIP-2 to make them a little better.

I also need (yes, NEED...i"m dying here missing my track fix) to get myself back to the racetrack where I belong, for which I need to repair my racebike and get my car ready for some track days :happy:

On 1/11/2018 at 7:43 PM, bkevind said:

Seller replied.  They made an error in the ad, it's 400 each.  Maybe they did some research today.  

I'm out...don't need them.

I think you're 100% right.

On 1/11/2018 at 9:58 PM, Arrow#422 said:

Shhh

<add>

I think you're right as well and I'm the party most guilty of jumping in with my opinion on prices.  I specifically don't comment on Garage Sale ads for just that reason, it's none of my business between a Forum Member and a potential buyer.

I do comment on Alerts! because none of us have a dog in the fight.  When bkevind first posted the alert he did not announce his interest in purchasing.  If he had I would have sent a PM and stayed quiet publicly to see if he could make a deal.

I'm not sure I agree that pricing discussion among us have regularly proven to undermine deals.  It may be true but I've never heard anyone comment before that our specific discussions here have blown up a deal.  In fact in my experience it's just the opposite, people can comment on prices (not just the Heritage prices I track) and have been helpful to making a deal.

I really hope I don't crap on deals.  It's my intention to do the opposite and be helpful to a member looking for a good deal.  Not everybody can follow pricing for every model.

Yeah.... I had my complete RF 7, RC 7, RS 7's, RSW 15 and stands for the surrounds go from $1000 to $1800 OVERNIGHT because someone from another forum called

to explicitly tell the seller that he wasn't getting enough. THAT is not cool. I eventually got him down to $1250, because the seller admitted he didn't have an 'offer' for the 1800

that he wanted me to pay more than. Yes, it worked out for me in the end but it wasn't going to for a while.

22 hours ago, wvu80 said:

It may be true but I've never heard anyone comment before that our specific discussions here have blown up a deal. 

FWIR, the problem wasn't any discussion on here that did it, there were forum members contacting CL sellers to inform them that there prices were too low and or to just help blow up a seller's phone, which makes a seller see that there price might be too low, so they jack the price. Why anyone would crap on a fellow member's deal is beyond me. It has been a problem and there have been threads started trying to make the bs stop. I haven't seen it lately, hopefully it has stopped.