Klipsch Professional KPT-904

Emile

Running the KPT-904's on a Marantz 2252B. (Will try my VTA tube amp later).  Barely on ... maybe 20% ... and get 80dB 10' away on "my couch." Thought I had a good system with Cornwall's, Forte's and a bunch of KG's (and have tried Khorns and LaScala's).  NO COMPARISON! Thanks a lot to @Scrappydue , @teaman , @rockhound , @HPower , @CECAA850

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

trying Chuck Mangione next ... followed by Jimi Hendrix ... then Beethoven's Ninth :) 

Beethoven, eh?  Horn speakers need horn parts.  I love the tempos on this piece, they are just perfect.    Warning:  Don't listen to this too close to bedtime, it is not sleepy music. 

And play it loud.  B)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Beethoven, eh?  Horn speakers need horn parts.  I love the tempos on this piece, they are just perfect.    Warning:  Don't listen to this too close to bedtime, it is not sleepy music. 

And play it loud.  B)

Thanks a lot! Awesome! Listening right now to Itzhak Perlman's Paganini Violin Concerto #1 :) 

And thanks a lot for all your valuable input and support! Thanks!

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 4:38 PM, moray james said:

tell her the simple truth; that this is a process of finding that one special speaker that you want to spend the rest of your life with so you can be satisfied and never have to buy another set again. Remind her of the importance of finding that special one just like you found her. That ought to hold her until you buy your next set.

I say take the ring approach, 

Honey if they could fit on my fingers, I would wear them like you do your rings.

• Like 1

Just had to "share this." Played the Halleluja churus, Jim Hendrix, Chuck Mangione, and a couple of "others."  But ... just now playing Beethoven's Ninth .. Alle menschen werden Bruder (Maazal, Cleveland Orchestra)on my "new" KPT-904's.  OK; at 85dB's :) Holy sh*t ... unbelievable!  :) Yes; these Pro speakers are awesome!

Cheers, Emile

• Like 2

Well if you ever need some side and rears that will mate up with your new 904’s hit me up. I have four KI-102’s that sound great and would do very well with them
Unless you can find you some kpt-100 or the kpt-250 that are the mates for the when used in the movie theaters And the subs that go with them are the kpt-484 or the kpt-686 the first ones only have one 18” driver and the last one has two 18” and the are not overly large

• Like 1

I just saw a listing in Florida that was offering up KPT-200's on Ebay yesterday.

EDIT....posted this if you are still looking for potential surrounds. I am blown away by the sound put out from the four KPT-200's I just bought from him.

Tim

• Like 1

Seller I got these 904's from also has about a dozen drivers for 904's.  And ...  THREE PAIR of 402/510's. Most in better shape than the pics; a couple look brand new. And he is willing to make a deal ... offered me a pair for $1000 - but had no more room in my SUV :(  Guy seems honest; think he is from Thailand. 

• Like 1

These 904's actually look pretty decent. Think it will cost WAY too much to get them veneered, so think I'll just stick with the "industrial" black look. So; think I'll build a box for the horns. 3 questions ... 1) should I even bother with the angle brackets or just put the driver/horn in a box without it,  2) anyone know where to get this patchy black paint? and 3) any ideas on grilles?

Many thanks, Emile

1 hour ago, Emile said:

These 904's actually look pretty decent. Think it will cost WAY too much to get them veneered, so think I'll just stick with the "industrial" black look. So; think I'll build a box for the horns. 3 questions ... 1) should I even bother with the angle brackets or just put the driver/horn in a box without it,  2) anyone know where to get this patchy black paint? and 3) any ideas on grilles?

Many thanks, Emile

DuraTex, I believe Parts Express carries it.

• Thanks 1