Klipsch Professional KPT-904

Emile

2 minutes ago, Emile said:

I have NO CLUE why/how these two-way speakers ( 2 15" woofers and 2-3" horn - 9x16" ) can sound this awesome :) 

Anyone?  Have Cornwall's and tried Khorns ... all with mid and hi range tweeters.  But ... these(SINGLE)  horns just blow them away.  Is it because they are 2" (not sure ... could be 3") diaphragm horns?? 

Cheers, Emile :) 

6 minutes ago, Emile said:

Anyone?  Have Cornwall's and tried Khorns ... all with mid and hi range tweeters.  But ... these(SINGLE)  horns just blow them away.  Is it because they are 2" (not sure ... could be 3") diaphragm horns?? 

2" throat. 3" voice coil 

• Like 1

I know Cory speaks about how good the new two way Pro speakers sound too. He preferred them to the Forte III if I'm not mistaken. I was shocked as to how good the two way KPT-200's sound. Crazy good.

I have no doubt that is going to be one killer set of speakers Emile, the fact that you are encasing the horn makes it more aesthetically pleasing. Congrats again on a slick pick up!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, teaman said:

encasing the horn makes it more aesthetically pleasing

Yeah; wife's choice :) So; working on boxes for the horns and grilles for the woofers. Looking pretty good so far  :)  Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

6 hours ago, teaman said:

I think I better invest in some Duratex since my KP-250 ii's really need an update to the black chipped paint they came with when I acquired them.

Hi teaman ... 2nd coat with a smooth roller got it closer to the "original" look ... but not "perfect."  But, don't think anyone will notice unless they are looking "up close." Redid the woofer boxes also with the "smooth roller." Pretty good :) 

• Like 1

And ... with Heritage grille cloth from Bob Crites. Only part due to 2mb upload limit. Damn ... forgot to paint the grille frame black ... only "really" shows with flash photography :(  Oh well ... was good practice ... next one will be even better (and painted) :) 

Anyone have any thoughts what kind of Klipsch badges to put on these ... and on the larger woofer boxes? Thanks, Emile

IMG_2002.JPG

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Those look stunning, great job.

Thanks :)  But will look much better with the grille frame painted black :(  And ... did not even have a glass of wine yet, so can only blame myself :(  OK; going to fire up the chainsaw to cut another grille frame :) 

Cheers, Emile

Still trying to figure out "badges" for these ... PWK or just the plain black "Klipsch" ones." They have cheap (Chinese :( ) knock-offs on fleaBay. Any thoughts?

And ... no clue "what year" these speakers are ... S/N on one is FT456N200110052. Anyone has a clue? Of course, have never seen any of these with grilles.

13 minutes ago, Emile said:

Still trying to figure out "badges" for these ... PWK or just the plain black "Klipsch" ones." They have cheap (Chinese :( ) knock-offs on fleaBay. Any thoughts?

And ... no clue "what year" these speakers are ... S/N on one is FT456N200110052. Anyone has a clue? Of course, have never seen any of these with grilles.

Call the Klipsch parts dept and get the ones for Jubilees, which I think are the same for most new Heritage. They are pie shaped and will look very cool against that grill cloth. Yes they are plastic and I $10-12 each. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

Call the Klipsch parts dept and get the ones for Jubilees, which I think are the same for most new Heritage. They are pie shaped and will look very cool against that grill cloth. Yes they are plastic and I $10-12 each. 

Thanks ... sounds like a winner!

Cheers, Emile

Emile I'm considering putting the new style badges that come with the 396 on my 904's. The old style Klipsch pro badges are my favorite but impossible to find. When I called Klipsch they don't sell the old style anymore.

Nice work on the box and grill!

• Like 1