Klipsch Professional KPT-904

Emile

Another happy 904 owner here. Buy them you will be hard pressed to find something better for the money. As others have said they are voiced to go behind a screen so the 510 horn is 3-4db hot. Best scenario would be to ditch those passive networks and go active. However until then enjoy them in stock form. Looks like those have the B&C compression driver in them, another bonus!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Is there a passive out there that would bring the horn output even wih the bass bin?

Not sure, I read that not only are they a little hot but you need to provide some EQ to them (JWC I think mentioned this). I need one more Crown XTI then I'm going active. I don't want to scare off the OP the K510 is a real overachiever and these simply can't be beat for the price IMHO!!!

OK All ... picking up this set of 904's tomorrow in Orlando, FL - about 2 hrs away from me. :( or :) ?

So, have 2 MAJOR problems ...

1. How do i tell my wife? (Got a pair of Forte's about a month ago and was able to "smuggle" those in ... but these are a bit larger.) And,

2. Think I want to walnut veneer them and maybe a separate box for the 510's. Have "veneered" before, but never "rounded" edges ...  any thoughts? (Do like Mike's and richieb's "automotive" finish, but don't think my wife will approve.)

Many thanks to all!

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

tell her the simple truth; that this is a process of finding that one special speaker that you want to spend the rest of your life with so you can be satisfied and never have to buy another set again. Remind her of the importance of finding that special one just like you found her. That ought to hold her until you buy your next set.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, moray james said:

tell her the simple truth; that this is a process of finding that one special speaker that you want to spend the rest of your life with so you can be satisfied and never have to buy another set again. Remind her of the importance of finding that special one just like you found her. That ought to hold her until you buy your next set.

Yeah, that Might work - Lie to her --- 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Congrats ! :D

15 minutes ago, moray james said:

That is the best Excuse Ever ! 

Where were you when I was married ?

If she complains about the looks you can tell her you are not superficial and it's what on the inside that counts :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. Though I figure if you have to ask for permission then you are married to the wrong person. Note; I did not say not to discuss what you want to do with your spouse. Always wise to discuss the implications of any large purchase and if it will impact the family then is there a way to work around that if necessary but having to ask for  permission that's wrong you are supposed to be equals in the relationship. Women are supposed to be real big on equality that is if you take what they say as truth. Women's slant on truth more often is rather one sided in their favor.

If you are not an equal in your married (common law) relationship then tell the world about it. The time is now # Hash Tag me too!

6 minutes ago, moray james said:

Women are supposed to be real big on equality

Yeah ... my wife has no problem with me spending $1000 or whatever :)  The "equality" is that she will now do some shopping and spend $3000. :)  $1=$3 :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Coytee said:

just buy some screen fabric and set it in front of the horn?

Think I'll put the horn in a seperate box (same width/depth, open back) and put it on top - similar to Khorns or LaScala's. :) 

• Like 1