Klipsch Professional KPT-904

Emile

OK; decided on "removing" the tweeter and building a small box for it (with DuraTex paint and a grille - main woofer box will get a grille also).  Prob 17W x 11H x 11D to "just" fit the horn into it (and throwing away the adjustment bracket). Stupid or??? Main question ... do I enclose the box, or just leave the rear "open?" 

Many thanks and cheers, Emile :) 

6 minutes ago, rockhound said:

I'm leaving the rear open on mine. I'll be integrating the bracket with the enclosure. I need to be able to adjust the horn position due to my room size.

Hi @rockhound . Thanks!  Guess I am not the only one who thinks these tweeters are too ugly for a living room ... OK; WAF! :) My living/tv room is "small" (about  15 x 20 ft), but one side and half the rear is "open" to a 25  x 35 ft area. The 904's will be elevated about a foot ... so the horn will be about 5ft high. Too high? Think I should keep the bracket to "point it down?" Many thanks!

Cheers, Emile :) 

I have you beat mine are in a 12x12 room! Depending on how far your listening position is will determine if raising them will hurt the soundstage...I would think not but YMMV. I also don't think that removing the bracket will hurt as the 510 has a pretty wide"throw" pattern. If you decide to install grills on the front I have a contact that makes them. I put a set on mine and it dressed them up some.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rockhound said:

have you beat mine are in a 12x12 room! Depending on how far your listening position is will determine if raising them will hurt the soundstage...I would think not but YMMV. I also don't think that removing the bracket will hurt as the 510 has a pretty wide"throw" pattern. If you decide to install grills on the front I have a contact that makes them. I put a set on mine and it dressed them up some.

@rockhound .  Thanks a lot! Lot of sound for a 12x12 room ... OK; great for the man cave :)  Thanks for the "no bracket needed" .... think the box will look nicer if I flush-mount the horn. Yes, will use grilles; if you can PM me contact I'd appreciate it.  Can probably make some for the horn boxes, but also want to put grilles on the 904 box - which will be a bit harder. :( What kind of cloth did you use? (Thinking about the classic Heritage cloth which Bob Crites still sells.)

Many thanks, Emile

40 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well done, they look perfect.

Thanks ... used the "Duratex" with "their" textured roller. Bit more aggressive than my KPT-904 boxes. Think I'll use a "smooth" roller for the second coat.

23 minutes ago, jwc said:

They do.  What paint and what gun?

Used "Duralex" as recommended by one of the members (with Parts Express' textured roller). But ... it's a bit more "prominent" than my KPT-904 woofer boxes, so think I'll try to "smooth" it out with a 1/4 nap brush for the second coat. :) 

Those are going to look sweet Emile. Had I been closer I would have made a play for those myself at the time i got my KPT-200's from him. Paying freight to Michigan for the KPT's was plenty I could not imagine what the 904's would have cost me. I am really looking forward to seeing the housing completed and in place, putting out some sweet harmonies.

On a side note I think I better invest in some Duratex since my KP-250 ii's really need an update to the black chipped paint they came with when I acquired them.

Tim

3 hours ago, teaman said:

Had I been closer I would have made a play for those myself

:) got them for $750 :) OK; $200 extra to make the boxes for the horns and "clean up" the cabinets ... but these are AWESOME ... much better than  my Cornwalls's (which I bought new 20+ years ago and would "never sell." ) Even my wife loves the sound of these :)  Check the "reviews." ... I have NO CLUE why/how these two-way speakers ( 2 15" woofers and 2-3" horn - 9x16" ) can sound this awesome :) 

• Like 1