XF-48 Speakers - Auto Power Enabled - How to turn it back on

digregorioj

I'm hoping someone can help.   I lost most of my home theater setup due to hurricane Irma.  When I have my old XF-48 speakers the power plugged directly into my old amp which would turn the speakers off.  Not too many amps offer this feature so I am forced to either unplug the speakers when they aren't in use or leave them powered on.  Is there a way to enable the Auto Power feature the factory disabled before shipping.  I basically want them to come on with the receiver and shutoff with the receiver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

21 minutes ago, digregorioj said:

I'm hoping someone can help.   I lost most of my home theater setup due to hurricane Irma.  When I have my old XF-48 speakers the power plugged directly into my old amp which would turn the speakers off.  Not too many amps offer this feature so I am forced to either unplug the speakers when they aren't in use or leave them powered on.  Is there a way to enable the Auto Power feature the factory disabled before shipping.  I basically want them to come on with the receiver and shutoff with the receiver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would be careful with this.

Klipsch disabled it because it couldn't pass Quality Control. Therefore you could be running the risk of failure of the product if you enable the feature. Klipsch disabled it for a reason. I wouldn't want to find out why they did it personally. 

5 minutes ago, digregorioj said:

From one of the threads I read it had to do with performance gains on the amplifier.   I just hate the idea of leaving them on all the time. Was much easier when I could plug them into the receiver.

For all 3 pairs I've owned they were left on at all times without any issues whatsoever. My Monster Power Center HDP-1800 has certain plug ins that turn off. You could look into something like that? 

6 minutes ago, digregorioj said:

Thanks for the quick reply Johnny - so you weren't running them through the Monster Power Center HDP-1800.  This is probably why these speakers were discontinued so fast.  Too bad they sound and look awesome. 

No I ran them through the HDP-1800, however i didn't utilize the switch function. 

I think the fact that they were powered speakers in general coupled with the $2500 MSRP is why they never sold very well and discontinued quickly. That said, the styling and the performance is one of the best I have ever owned. 

Bump - still trying to figure out if someone has figured a way to get these to power off using the speaker or RCA leads.  I hate running the power cords across to a power strip that turns off with the amp.   I have outlets right behind the speaker and would like to plug them in there.