RF-7 III amp pairing

billyslots

16 minutes ago, billyslots said:

Found out that Parasound is not sold in Canada.  Could pay premium from US but then gambling on potential warranty headaches. 

Look into an Anthem integrated, I know you can get in Canada.

17 minutes ago, billyslots said:

I can get Yamaha A-S1100 or NAD 388 here so far. 

Either will work great.

Bill

Thanks again guys.  Appreciate it.  I have to change my budget though.  Please don't give me the stink eye :).  The more I research this stuff, the more I am drawn into it.  I really don't know the equipment anywhere near you guy's level but in car terms, decided to get a full sedan Mercedes without the big engine if that is possible.  Also am learning that Spotify should go and replace it with Tidal and to buy BlueOS (or bluesound node 2).  Am I on the right track here?  I am going to be mainly streaming.  So is Anthem Integrated the way to go?  Now cincymat says nCore which I have never heard of.  For that matter haven't heard of that many.  My era was Marantz, Sansui, Kenwood etc.  Times have changed but am learning.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

You need a very powerful amplifier to assume proper control of the speakers. The speakers are rated at 250 W continuously/1000 W peak. I use Emotiva XPA-2 at 2x300 W, a good fit imho and very good value for money.

The signal chain for me is Mac Mini (Audirvana/Tidal) —> ifi iUSB3.0 nano —> Audio-GD R28 DAC/preamp —> Klipsch RF-7 iii. Very nice indeed, very analog sounding for being digital/transistor based.

I plan to get a streamer later, using Audirvana as DLNA server.

(I also spent quite some time and money getting proper power and signal cables. Yes, they do make a big difference)

@EinarZ,

Welcome to the forum.

4 hours ago, EinarZ said:

You need a very powerful amplifier to assume proper control of the speakers.

Not really "needed" but "can" offer noticeable better control even with highly efficient Klipsch speakers.  As mentioned in one of my replies earlier in this thread, my Yamaha A-S1000 and it's "90w/ch@8ohms" had an easy time with my RF-63s in a 5000ft3 room.  Took that same amp over to @Youthman's and drove his RF-7IIIs, RF-7IIs, and RF-7s and was totally amazed how well it drove them all.

Bill