Just when you thought Vasubandu could not get crazier

vasubandu

The CF-4, RF-7, KLF-30, RF-83 and Chorus models are all of the big boys of Klipsch past not counting Heritage line or pro speakers, really can't go wrong with any of them. Which is better? Personal taste among other things will determine that. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I used to own the CF-4.  They are pretty amazing speakers with a LOT of slam.  At the time, I preferred the look and sound of my RF-83.

You can get an idea of the size of chorus II using my photos below for size comparison between the RF-7 and the Chorus II.

Klipsch-RSW-15-5.jpg

Klipsch-CF-4-3.jpg

Klipsch-CF-4-2.jpg

gallery_25073_7_119478.jpg

gallery_25073_7_69148.jpg

• Like 1

@dtel The idea is to just slip all this in bit by bit so she doesn't notice.  And then when the 86-inch TV comes, the kids will have to run interference.  I might get a gun with blanks and one can pretend that he accidentally shot the other.  And then when she calms down and comes downstairs, I will just look confused and say, "honey that has all been there forever. We talked about it.  Don't you remember?"  We have been married 30 years, and I know just how to handle this.

• Like 1

I wouldn't bother with the KP-3002 for home use. I've had a pair in a pro-sound setting for over 21 years (wow, that makes me feel old). The used speakers in this category tend to have burned out resistors or coils in the xovers, which really makes them sound bad. It's not worth the hassle.

If you go pro, get the KP-362.

3 hours ago, Youthman said:

I used to own the CF-4.  They are pretty amazing speakers with a LOT of slam.  At the time, I preferred the look and sound of my RF-83.

Did you notice what Youthman said about the CF-4s? I would think most would pick an RF-7 over the RF-83...just a thought.

@Ceptorman I have no doubt that most would pick an RF-7 over the CF-4.  But the CF-4 is calling to me.  Bear in mind that I am not after perfect sound.  Good sound would be nice, but having fun even better.  I mean 102 dB sensitivity, a 34-2000 range - that is my full range speaker right there,  And 2 12 inch woofers.  Now I am making an assumption that it will sound like my RC-7 center, and who knows?  But this has become one of those things that I have to do.  If I can find one.  I think that the CF-4 and the Epic CF-4 are the same but they are not consistent with the name.

21 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

I think that the CF-4 and the Epic CF-4 are the same but they are not consistent with the name.

The are !

Epic is the series

CF4 is the model , there were CF1's , CF2's , CF3's , and CF4's with the 4's being the largest :D

I remember @Chief bonehead mentioning something about early generation CF-4's sounding better than latter generations, but it's so long I may have that wrong. I also remember him saying something they were some of the smoothest sounding speakers ever. Unfortunately I've never had a chance to hear a pair.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Klipsch Employees
On 1/22/2018 at 8:27 PM, DrWho said:

I remember @Chief bonehead mentioning something about early generation CF-4's sounding better than latter generations, but it's so long I may have that wrong. I also remember him saying something they were some of the smoothest sounding speakers ever. Unfortunately I've never had a chance to hear a pair.

for once grasshopper, you remembered correctly.....  :)