WTB: Diysoundgroup Fusion-12 Tempests

Jdubs

@Jdubs it's a bit unusual for someone to look for a pair of DIY speakers.  I'll ask the obvious question, why don't you just build a pair?  It would be about $400 each including flatpack and assembled XO.

FYI I have the Fusion 10 Pure.  I run them with a sub, they have a very big sound, very accurate.

25 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

Oh, totally would do it myself if I had the work area to do it....just don't.

Do you have a living room or dining room table?  I assure you, you can do it. B)

The flatpacks are fit to an unbelievable precision.  All you need is some wood glue and masking tape and you can put them together in your living room, no kidding.

Edit for @Jdubs, video added.

55 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

He's looking into doing a half order.  I know someone on audiocircle is interested in a pair too....so there's 4x.  -Jim

Have you emailed or PM'd Erich?  He's very approachable and he was very helpful to me in deciding which speakers to get.

Erich provides the flat packs to Parts-Express as well.  He has a local place that does the CNC cuts on the MDF.  As you said if he's low or out of kits he needs to order enough to justify a run.

You know I was kidding around when I said "get the 15's" but that current Sentinel is all new, version 2.  The original had a 12" SEOS, same as the 12's, same as my 10's.  The new one uses a 15" SEOS, with a better/different bass driver and an all-new crossover. 

I have something called the Cheap Thrills which uses the 12" SEOS and a closeout 15" bass guitar woofer.  You would not believe how accurate the mid-range is, it's unbelievable.  I think it was $112 per speaker including XO parts, but I had to build my own enclosure.

http://www.hificircuit.com/community/threads/celestion-15-buyout-and-seos12-dna360.197/

I would love to try that new Sentinel 15 v2. I bet it would blow my Cheap Thrills out of the water.