A Speaker That Klipsch Should Make

jazzer

Adding a mid squwaker would drive costs up, we've already prodded at Klipsch about that.

As for dual binding posts - they do that already.  Not much of a point do bi-amp or bi-wire a 2-way tower speaker.  The benefits are marginal at best.  Too few people actual use bi-amping (true bi-amping) anyway...there's just not point in the price range.

2 hours ago, jazzer said:

The folks at Klipsch should make a speaker in their RF series that has a separate mid range driver.That and dual binding posts in the back that will accept banana plugs for bi wiring and bi amping.

You mean an RF-x speaker that is a 3-way?  Why?

• Moderators
14 hours ago, wvu80 said:

You mean an RF-x speaker that is a 3-way?  Why?

I think the less "ways" the better, less crossover points.

But with that said I do not like single driver do all speaker designs. Fostex designs

People are drawn to 3-ways due to believing it will always sound better but I'm not sure that's reality.  Case in point the Jubilee.  What's the 3-way going to gain you while sitting 10-12 feet from one in a house?  Nothing.  Probably going to do more harm than good.  Lots of people ask about the 3-way tho.  The entire point of them was due to Paul wanting to return the K-horn to a 2-way design.  

6 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

People are drawn to 3-ways due to believing it will always sound better but I'm not sure that's reality.  Case in point the Jubilee.  What's the 3-way going to gain you while sitting 10-12 feet from one in a house?  Nothing.  Probably going to do more harm than good.  Lots of people ask about the 3-way tho.  The entire point of them was due to Paul wanting to return the K-horn to a 2-way design.  

Drivers on the Jub's are large and very expensive, not really "fair" to compare that to the lower end 2-way models IMO. I've yet to personally hear a 2-way best my old Chorus II's or even my old HIP's in detail and clarity and I've had most of the lower end 2-ways from all of the KG's to the RF-7 II's. The RF-7 II's were almost embarrassingly "muddied" next to my HIP's the clarity and detail was just gone. I'm sure they're "fine" for home theater..  

On 2018-01-15 at 6:40 PM, jazzer said:

The folks at Klipsch should make a speaker in their RF series that has a separate mid range driver.That and dual binding posts in the back that will accept banana plugs for bi wiring and bi amping.

I’m sort of with you. I had hoped to see some trickle down from the Palladium series. 

I think you guys are missing the point.

The advantages of Klipsch speakers are horn loaded compression drivers.  Most of their 2 way designs don't use this technology until way up in the 2,000 hz range.  Below that, they are regular old dome speakers just like any other brand.

Their designs with a midrange horn gets you the benefits of horn loaded compression drivers down to the 800hz ( or lower ) range.  Examples like the LaScala are fully horn loaded.

So ya, give me a midrange horn.

Want the speaker you are looking for?  A 2 way design that is horn loaded down to 800hz?  Look at their pro cinema line.

14 hours ago, jazzer said:

on his you tube channel.youth man says he likes the midrange of the new forte 3 but for his kind of music,he prefers the overall sound of his rf 7's.he contends that the fortes are more suited to jazz and classical.

One man's opinion.  Never trust anything but your own ears.  People like different things.

16 hours ago, jjptkd said:

The RF-7 II's were almost embarrassingly "muddied" next to my HIP's the clarity and detail was just gone. I'm sure they're "fine" for home theater..  

You should hear the new RF-7III, not really the same.  :)  I know what you're talking about though, I've done the same thing. 

My personal opinion is that clarity shouldn't be an inherent problem with a 2-way design at least at normal volume.  Higher volume you potentially get into intermodulation distortion issues is all.  

Keep in mind that Roy made a custom set of monitors for his son for use in his recording studio that were 2-way.  If clarity was an inherent issue I don't think they'd be using it to mix music professionally.