Update: New house done (enough) and moving in this weekend!

avguytx

7 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Very nice home, bet you can't wait to move-in and get the tunes rolling throughout the home.

30 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

I am struck by that front porch. It has a very satisfying feel about it. I know you and your family, friends etc. will enjoy sitting there with a glass of refreshment on a nice evening. 

1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

I am struck by that front porch. It has a very satisfying feel about it. I know you and your family, friends etc. will enjoy sitting there with a glass of refreshment on a nice evening. 

Yep. We feel the exact same way. Back porch will also be another area like that but the front porch has been the place my wife is most excited about. She's been planning since day one that there will be 4 rocking chairs out front and she will be sitting there on weekend mornings with her coffee. 

And here's another picture of the front after dark with the lights on. (I cropped out the big *** dumpster that's out front)

WE GOT ELECTRICITY HOOKED UP TODAY!!!! 

Its the little things. :)

20181121_193030-1024x433.thumb.jpg.bc80577a1f9e6b2ae3d4213db8638fa5.jpg

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Well, would you believe it's been 6 months since my last post on this and we just got our septic system installed last weekend and driveway 5 weeks earlier?  Needless to say, the continual rain since November did not help things whatsoever.  Just about the time it would be kind of dry to do some work outside, we would get another frog floater and nothing outside could be done....so we finished the inside.  We will close in maybe a week but we are clear to go ahead and move in finally!  (and the crowd roars...)  This weekend is supposed to be sunny and hot, 90 degrees or so, and we will get everything move from the ($hitty) rent house to the new house.  We had already cleared out the two 10 x 20 storage buildings a few weeks ago, after the driveway, of course. 

Now, it's just down to getting the rest out and then I can bring the Belles and my remaining gear (stored at my best friends house) to their new final resting place and have them hooked up again after a 15 month hiatus.  Pretty exciting.  One crappy part will be that there's no internet connection where we are at in the neighborhood and doubtful that either of the two prividers (Cablelynx and AT&T) will bring them on down for one house; I'd have to pay for their trenching and that's not going to happen.  Hopefully AT&T will have their Fixed Internet Wifi stuff done soon and we'll have a connection.

But I thought I'd come back and update.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Now that you've posted pictures of the house, can you inform us which room your 'stuff' will go into?  This way, when we surreptitiously sneak over with our moving van we can load the goods much faster...

:ph34r2:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Congratulations! So you've got the coveted Certifcate Of Occupancy?

Let's just say it's good to know people in high places at the bank.  ;)  We are right over the city limits and they told us we could go ahead and start moving things in now.  :D

Thank you guys. We are officially moved in and are out of the rent house. Now it's just finding a home for everything over the next two days.  I took my first shower here a little while ago and it was awesome. We are worn out to say the least and we still have to go spend an hour tomorrow and clean the nasty @$$ rent house but that's no biggie since it'll be much better than when we started there last March.  If time allows, I'll go get my Belle clones from my buddy's house and some other gear and bring back. Kind of dread lugging them upstairs but it'll only be once. 

We're excited for our first night all spending the night here together and cooking the first breakfast in the morning. I have to use the electric griddle as the propane tank won't be installed till next week. We don't have any TV yet but that's ok...still deliberating there as our only choice is satellite but will just hook in living room. Not sure about internet yet either since nothing is out here...hoping they get Fixed Wireless updated on towers soon. 

• Like 2