Thanks to MetropoplisLakeOutfitters

vasubandu

@MetropolisLakeOutfitters you have said a few times that the RF-7 i were fatiguing, which did not make sense to me on several levels. I am not sure what you meant by fatiguing, and I was surprised to see what seemed like a negative comment about a speaker that was so well liked.  The only RF-7 I had heard was an RF-7 ii, and it sounded perfect to me.  At the same time, I was not trying to listen critically, just giving it a listen.  Today, I heard a pair of RF-7 i, and my initial impression was that it was different that the ii, but not much more. I still liked it.

But I remembered your comment, so I tried to listen with it and mind and see if I could identify what you were talking about.  I did get the sense that the sound could get old, but I could not explain exactly why.  You may think this weird, but I later listened just to my RC-7 center playing a number of different things, and it was just pleasant to me at least.  

So thanks to your comment, I learned a little something and I think I will be making a better choice for my right and left speakers.  Thank you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listener_fatigue

https://ledgernote.com/columns/mixing-mastering/ear-fatigue-symptoms/

That's what I mean by fatigue.  The horns can just wear you out.  The RF-7III are significantly better about this.