Atmos ceiling bounce

vasubandu

I have the RP-280FA with the built in atmos speakers and I can not tell if they work or not really.  I have everything calibrated but when watching atmos encoded movies I can not honestly tell a difference in it and the regualar DD track.  It probably has more to do with my ceiling than anything.  I am gonna get some ceiling mounted speakers and see if I like that better.

• 1 year later...

@dtr20 wow , I have 1 pair RP-140SA and for more immersive sound another pair.. thinking RP-500SA pair..

or another RP-140SA .. what do you think? do you have immersive sound atmos ?

my setup.. 

Home theater 7.2.2 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820 

Front  klipsch RF-42II

Klipsch Center RP 504C

Subwoofer klipsch R-110SW

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Klipsch Surround and surround back RB-41 II

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA 

Emotiva BasX A-700 (only 5 channels used, center, front left, front right , Dolby Atmos left and right )

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet)

1 hour ago, angelluisg said:

@dtr20 wow , I have 1 pair RP-140SA and for more immersive sound another pair.. thinking RP-500SA pair..

or another RP-140SA .. what do you think? do you have immersive sound atmos ?

I have actually upgraded my front atmos to the newer RP-500SA speakers. I still have the RP-140SA for my side atmos. I do have immersive surround sound. I couldn't do rear atmos because of my setup, but my denon receiver allows for side atmos module speakers and it works great. I wasn't impressed with just the front atmos speakers, adding the sides really helped with the immersive experience. My rear speakers are up high in the wall, so it kinda helps with this as well.

OK; new to Atmos ... never tried it :(  So; have some dumb questions ...

1. Have an (older) Onkyo RZ-810 ... googled it and found it it will do .2 Atmos. Have some KG-1.5's I could try ... but positioning may be a problem.  They would have to go "on top" of my Heresy'd, which are on top of my KPT-904's (and on an elevated fireplace section).  So; would have 3 ft to a slanted ceiling on the left and 2 ft to a flat ceiling on the right.  Forget it ... and install "in-ceiling" Atmos, or try it?

2. "Pseudo-Atmos."  Have a 2.0 system in my separate stereo room (small 12x12x8ft) - CF-3's on Kenwood M2, 250wpc.  Can try the KG-1.5's on top of the CF-3's ... pointed to the ceiling ... using a different amp (Marantz 1060). Any thoughts?  Or, could use the (surround??) pre-outs from my Oppo BD-980H to feed "pseudo" Atmos speakers.  No clue ... just rambling and looking for thoughts :D 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

@Emile when I first tried atmos, I tried to position kg1.5 speakers on top of my klf30s pointed up at the ceiling. I wasn't super impressed. Then I read that the atmos module speakers actually have something on their crossovers from Dolby. So I got a pair of rp140sa atmos speakers. Still wasn't impressed. I then moved them to my sides, put the kg1.5 speakers back on my fronts on an angle and was amazed. I ordered a second pair of rp140sa speakers as soon as I could.

• Thanks 1