kpt-1515 lf details

Turbox

Just wondering if any knows the frequency range on the kpt1515 LF unit. Wonder if there is any chance  whatsoever of running it in the three way with a 402 with mid range driver (1133 i think or 1132) along with e 510 on top, so essentially, a jubilee top set.

• Moderators

The only thing is the 1515 only goes down to 35Hz, about the same as the MWM.

To bad you couldn't get the top half down to 240Hz, you could use a 1802 instead of the 1515. This would get you down below 26 Hz, now this would be a killer setup. I don't know if the 1502 would be out soon or not, but Roy said it's roughly the same as the 1802 but 3 db less, but I never asked how high it could go. All I know is it works great for a sub. But a 1802 or 1502 for a bass bin with a Jube top would be really cool.

FREQUENCY RESPONSE
(+/- 3 dB)
26Hz-240Hz +/- 3dB (-10dB @ 21Hz)

• Moderators
8 hours ago, babadono said:

Dtel, he's got an 1802.

I forgot about that, but I was thinking of it as a bass bin and less of a sub. More of a stereo pair under some horns, I was talking about this with someone else but can't remember who.

2 hours ago, Turbox said:

Think we could push the Kpt-1515 to 450Hz?

Could the 402 also go a little lower ?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:
3 hours ago, Turbox said:

I'm getting ready to knock down some walls so I can buy some more speakers. lol

You are an inspiration to other Klipsch fans. 

Your right, been watching him put all of this together for years, he is not playing.

Just that last quote is inspirational, considering removing some walls, good man. :emotion-19::emotion-21: 

You guys crack me up!! I'd like to try to finish the system, but get the feeling its never really done. I need the space so I can widen the screen size on my projector, BUT it does come with more speakers too.

I sent klipsch an email, lets see if they come back with a plot for me.

8 hours ago, dtel said:

I forgot about that, but I was thinking of it as a bass bin and less of a sub. More of a stereo pair under some horns, I was talking about this with someone else but can't remember who.

Could the 402 also go a little lower ?

the KPT1515 crosses at 350 according to the cut sheets, your right cross the 1515 a bit higer, and the 402 a bit lower. problem solved. now I need some DSP help...new thread coming. Dtel is your system active?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Turbox said:

what amp are you using for your DX38? I though I saw crown xti's in your setup before.

2 Crown D-75's from the beginning, and a Crown XTI 1002 for the sub, this is my first XTI.

D-75's are old, I know I will have to replace them sooner or later. One has a slight hum, but it's at the amp and not through the speaker, and low enough to ignore.