coming out of the closet

T2K

I haven't used any of my audio equipment in several years. For the past 2 weeks I've been playing my surround KSP-300 speakers in a temporary 2-channel set-up.Yesterday I thought about the spare KSP-300 speaker that has been wrapped in a sheet under my bed for 15 years or so (not in the closet, btw). Drug it out and wired it up. Warmed up the amp for about 5 minutes and started a CD. Sounds fantastic. Got about 5 hours playing time on it/them now. These things are built like a brick s*it house. I re-remember why I thought they would be the last speakers that I would ever buy. The KSP-400's are even better.

I still appreciate the help that I received from Klipsch Tech Support years ago. Back around the Cannon/Phillips era. They went above and beyond the call to help me and I haven't forgotten it. If I ever do buy more speakers I know where I'll go. 

Thanks Klipsch folk.

• Like 3

Made by your friends and neighbors in Hope, Arkansas.  They are such great people.  And I should mention Indy.  The leadership up there are also true disciples and that is why the Hope plant continues to be the real heart of the operation.  Without it, it's just another speaker company and my impression is they really get that.  

Dave

• Like 1

Those are the kind of folks I like to support with my dollars. I would invest in their product if I knew I would have the time to enjoy them. With manufacturing moving overseas and people carrying their audio system in their pockets, I hope more people support them and work there continues.

Which reminds me of one instance that happened years ago. A friend/co-worker dropped by the house and we fired up the KSP's. He said later that he didn't realize music could sound like that. He soon bought some speakers for himself. I'm sure I don't have to mentioned the brand. A few years later he called and asked a few questions. He double dipped.

They sell themselves.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, T2K said:

I haven't used any of my audio equipment in several years.

Oh my, that's serious, enjoy the sounds.

6 hours ago, T2K said:

I still appreciate the help that I received from Klipsch Tech Support years ago. Back around the Cannon/Phillips era.

Your right, got to see Trey about a year ago and Steve a couple of months ago, good guys who would help however they could. When together they are funny, and a little crazy, I think more of the crazy comes from the Trey side. :lol: With those two it's like a party waiting to happen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dtel said:

Oh my, that's serious, enjoy the sounds.

Your right, got to see Trey about a year ago and Steve a couple of months ago, good guys who would help however they could. When together they are funny, and a little crazy, I think more of the crazy comes from the Trey side. :lol: With those two it's like a party waiting to happen.

Glad to hear that dtel. I remember calling Trey one time and asking if there was a way to access the inside of the KSP cabinets. He said yeah, oh yeah you can access the inside of the cabinets. With a sledgehammer.

coming out of the closet

Phew. For a minute there I thought you were going to admit to cross dressing up in clothes sewn by Bose.

Passion waxes and wanes.  In life, in sex and in music.  Find some good music which makes you feel, alive, dead, excited, relaxed, happy or sad and you'll be back into before you realize what you've been missing.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2018 at 6:41 PM, T2K said:

I haven't used any of my audio equipment in several years. For the past 2 weeks I've been playing my surround KSP-300 speakers in a temporary 2-channel set-up.Yesterday I thought about the spare KSP-300 speaker that has been wrapped in a sheet under my bed for 15 years or so (not in the closet, btw). Drug it out and wired it up. Warmed up the amp for about 5 minutes and started a CD. Sounds fantastic. Got about 5 hours playing time on it/them now. These things are built like a brick s*it house. I re-remember why I thought they would be the last speakers that I would ever buy. The KSP-400's are even better.

I still appreciate the help that I received from Klipsch Tech Support years ago. Back around the Cannon/Phillips era. They went above and beyond the call to help me and I haven't forgotten it. If I ever do buy more speakers I know where I'll go. 

Thanks Klipsch folk.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, YK Thom said:

Well that thread didn’t go where I thought it was heading...

True

Well the way things are these days, that closet must be much bigger than I originally thought, because they have way more people in there than the original concept considered.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dtel said:

True

Well the way things are these days, that closet must be much bigger than I originally thought, because they have way more people in there than the original concept considered.

It seems to be the case, more like a pantry or storage room!