Progressive Insurance

richieb

Anyone have experience with Progressive, home and auto? I've been with my company for far too long and keeping them honest just isn't working.

I need a change but one that is dependable and as easy as can be to work with as possible. Driving records are of no consequence here. Thks

I had a great experience with Progressive. South Dakota 11PM in May 2016 going west on I-90 going 80 mph w/cruise control set. A whitetail was running at a 45 degree angle into my direction, and I obliterated the deer and my car. Grill,lights,fender,front door,rear door,rear quarter panel,rocker panel,front wheel,OEM paint on a  2016 Mazda 3 with less than 10,000 miles at that point. Progressive had a office inside of the auto body shop, spent 40 days rebuilding my car, and called me nearly daily with updates, and if I had concerns, they were able to meet all of my nitpicks. Never raised my premium. Cheaper than any get a quotes I ever tried. With them 10 years now.

Had progressive for almost 10 years now. I pay ~$320/6 months. Liability only though.  Got a speeding and few HOV tickets though. Never had to file a claim and I've never talked to anyone on the phone. I signed up online. I've never had any issues changing coverage through the website either. Or adding/removing vehicles

43 minutes ago, richieb said:

Anyone have experience with Progressive, home and auto? I've been with my company for far too long and keeping them honest just isn't working.

I need a change but one that is dependable and as easy as can be to work with as possible. Driving records are of no consequence here. Thks

I think Flo is pretty hot, but then, I'm a sucker for white uniforms.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, richieb said:

Aren't there restrictions for USAA? Military? How do they compare to AState $$$?

They are cheaper and easier to work with, and I think there are some membership requirements.  One thing about Allstate was I had a policy dating back to 1988 which wasn't offered anymore, so corporate was wanting any excuse to get out.  My agent was appalled, and tried to keep my business, but enough was enough.  I still have them in one state, so my experience with both is concurrent.

Had insurance for 20+ years with a company, stupid expensive, can't even remember the name. Was always easy to deal with. Switched to Farm Bureau four years ago, for house and cars. Probably a quarter the cost of old ins., but haven't had any claims yet.

Had a guy with USAA rear end me a couple years ago and it was the biggest PIA to get resolved. It took months (all medical bills) before they paid up.

Bruce

On 1/21/2018 at 8:05 AM, JJkizak said:

All mine is with State Farm. When I got new quotes from other companies I could save $3.15 per year.

For better rates than State Farm try an independent agent that can test your coverage needs across several providers. Saved me about $500 a year when I left them 10 years ago.