Help Setting up Sub

andr3w1sh

Hello Community,

I have the sw-450 subwoofer and we just moved in to a new place so it's time to setup and recal everything, and I'm at a loss for the sub setup. My receiver has an auto-setup function with a listener mic, but how should I set the nobs on the sub? Should I be bypassing? Volume? I've seen a lot of mixed information, and I've even seen the "just experiment until it sounds good" suggestion. Can anyone give me a definitive answer? The rest of my setup is from the Icon series, so kf-28's in the front, ks-14's surround, kc-25 center channel. Pioneer Elite vsx-40 receiver.

Thanks!

Edited by andr3w1sh

15 hours ago, andr3w1sh said:

My receiver has an auto-setup function with a listener mic, but how should I set the nobs on the sub?

Welcome to the Klipsch forum!

Set the gain on the sub to about 50%, no more, and probably even closer to 25%.  Set the crossover as high as it will go, probably 120 or 150.  The AVR will set the actual crossover closer to 60 or 80 Hz.  Set the phase to 0.

Run the AVR setup program (like Audyssey) and you are good to go.

30 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Welcome to the Klipsch forum!

Set the gain on the sub to about 50%, no more, and probably even closer to 25%.  Set the crossover as high as it will go, probably 120 or 150.  The AVR will set the actual crossover closer to 60 or 80 Hz.  Set the phase to 0.

Run the AVR setup program (like Audyssey) and you are good to go.

Thanks Dave!

And thanks for the warm welcome!

• Like 1