Thinkers and Malcontents

Zen Traveler

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:
1 hour ago, dtel said:

The strange part is is was a couple of the past people from the BS section that got it shut down, no one from the outside.

The nature of the beast.

I also thought that was strange. We all know why the first place was shut down but it seemed like the mods were allowing political conversations to go on when imo, they should have been closed earlier. What I noticed and commented at the time was that it was seen as political as long as folks disagreed with the status quo and didn't mention political parties, but it was okay to mention the POTUSA by name in a derogatory way. There were threads on several hot-button issues that were allowed to be started and continue as long as you didn't have an opposing view--Once shared they became "political." That was my take. Insofar as the guy who started the ball rolling in getting that place closed I Totally agree he shouldn't have persisted but it was a Klipsch employee that was egging him on.

The second guy I believe that dtel is referring to left the Forum after a childish skirmish with a guy who was bullying him and he got even in a big way...He wasn't banned, came back and saw that the same bully was saying stupid stuff about him and resented his name being used that way after he was gone--I can dig that as well. So, yes it was strange and I never understood why either place couldn't be moderated and evidently the Facebook group is going to be and why I am going to join.

Anyway, I don't wish to have this thread closed down and felt the need to give a second opinion/perspective because both places had the top Klipsch posters involved and I still contend it was a valuable asset to Klipsch and it's internet history. 

32 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Bear in mind, you MUST have an FB page to sign up. 

My wife and I have been busy today and I need her to guide me on how I should have my personal account setup. I'll get you that information after it's been established. I appreciate you doing this and encourage people who care about this country to join. Heck, I really would like more foreigners involved to give their perspective on issues as well--The first BS Forum had it and those views were invaluable! 

10 minutes ago, Mallette said:

I know precisely why it was shut down the first time, as well as the second.  However, I am not going into that here.  KGI has the right to do as they see fit on their premises, and I support that.  

Dave

They made the right call under the circumstances. 

16 minutes ago, Mallette said:

OK, it's up.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2025752277705133/

or run a search for "Heritage BS" on FB.  

My wife is running errands and if she gets back in time before class will have her help set me up. She said something about a semi-private profile and I'm likin' the sound of that. :) 

JL, just sent a message to your wife enquiring as to why "she" wanted to join...  As I feared perhaps other FB brousers might see the page and ask to join, I changed it to "Secret."  

So, to all, the only way to find it is to send me a friend request.  If that doesn't work well I'll make the page, though not the posts, publically visible again for a while so folks can find it.

Dave

26 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

My wife is running errands and if she gets back in time before class will have her help set me up. She said something about a semi-private profile and I'm likin' the sound of that. :) 

You can't hide from me, I'll find you brotha!!!

10 minutes ago, Mallette said:

JL, just sent a message to your wife enquiring as to why "she" wanted to join...  As I feared perhaps other FB brousers might see the page and ask to join, I changed it to "Secret."  

So, to all, the only way to find it is to send me a friend request.  If that doesn't work well I'll make the page, though not the posts, publically visible again for a while so folks can find it.

Dave

Count me in..... just PM to let me know the link.  I've got go brush my teeth now, and gargle with listerine.

Anyway, at this point I plan to restrict membership approvals to Forum members.  This is an add on to the Klipsch Forums, not a competitor.  It will be a place mods can recommend to those who continually want to discuss subjects outside the TOS.  

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

here were threads on several hot-button issues that were allowed to be started and continue as long as you didn't have an opposing view--Once shared they became "political."

That's the whole point.  They don't want people arguing because in some cases, the people stop getting along, and it gets rather nasty!  We've seen that in the old arguments over "tubes vs. SS" and "digital vs. analog."  People will argue about anything. 

The difference is that Klipsch, on the one hand, desires its unusually high activity for a manufacturer's forum.  On the other hand, it wants it to be all fun and games with very modest dissent, if at all.   I can certainly see the balance there, and from appearances, I guess it seems to work out alright.  I am seeing new names all the time with more than a few hundred posts.  Something's working.

Granted, it's a lot more boring than in those days of old, but most assuredly, arguments over speaker coils can get a bit over the top.  It wasn't the speaker coils that were so entertaining, but rather the spectacle of the participants going at it on a speaker forum of all places!  Had there been freedoms like those you can find in the Netherworld of the internet, I don't think it could have possibly been as fun to watch.  

I haven't even looked over in 2-chan in a long time.  Is 2-chan relevant anymore?  Do they still argue about these things over there, or are these just memories of a bygone era?  It wouldn't matter, anyway.  Digital and SS won.  

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

There's maybe half a dozen people lamenting the demise of the BS section.

Well, unless all six joined within a couple of hours of the page going up, we may get to ten or more.   Already a quorum of the old BS group there with a couple of others...believe it or not...actually creating FB pages so they can get in.  

Dave

Well, unless all six joined within a couple of hours of the page going up, we may get to ten or more.   Already a quorum of the old BS group there with a couple of others...believe it or not...actually creating FB pages so they can get in.  

Dave
I tried searching, but no luck. What's the group name?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk