Thinkers and Malcontents

Zen Traveler

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

@CECAA850

Carl,

I was a member of BS for several years as you well know. What you probably don't know is that I was a moderator on Dave's Facebook forum. In my estimation, the Facebook forum failed because it was the polar opposite of the BS forum. For your information purposes only, the BS forum was a stacked deck, with about 4 to 5 people on one side of the spectrum for every one on my side of the aisle. On Facebook, almost EVERYBODY involved was on my side of the spectrum, with only one or two on the other side of the aisle. And people got their feelings hurt with the role reversal. NO, it wasn't fair, but neither was BS, people still got ganged up on, though I wasn't so thin skinned, or maybe I'm just thick in the head like that.

Roger

And....therein lies the problem. 

Christy

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Christy,

Agreed, but the problem was the BS forum got found out about, NOT that it existed.

Roger

The BS forum being found out about is not what led to the demise of BS. Could not be further from the truth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel's wife said:

The BS forum being found out about is not what led to the demise of BS. Could not be further from the truth. 

Christy,

Are you saying that if you know who had never threatened legal action that the BS section would still be gone anyway? The regular members didn't complain before it became common knowledge, nor did corporate before they came aware, so if I am missing something, please enlighten me, because from my thinking, the whole debacle can be traced to one person, no?

Roger

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Christy,

Are you saying that if you know who had never threatened legal action that the BS section would still be gone anyway? The regular members didn't complain before it became common knowledge, nor did corporate before they came aware, so if I am missing something, please enlighten me, because from my thinking, the whole debacle can be traced to one person, no?

Roger

Regular members complaining was never an issue that led to the demise of BS. Others finding out that BS existed did not lead to its demise. Corporate knowing about the BS section did not lead to its demise. In fact, what ULTIMATELY led to the demise was an issue that occurred prior to everyone finding out about BS. 

Threatened legal action had NOTHING to do with BS being gone. 

Christy

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

On Facebook, almost EVERYBODY involved was on my side of the spectrum, with only one or two on the other side of the aisle.

Gosh, that group sure sounds like a lot of fun.  pffffffttt

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

For your information purposes only, the BS forum was a stacked deck, with about 4 to 5 people on one side of the spectrum for every one on my side of the aisle. On Facebook, almost EVERYBODY involved was on my side of the spectrum, with only one or two on the other side of the aisle

This observation is interesting on several levels. First, we have different memories of the original BS Forum you were a member of and second, at the end of the last one pretty much everyone except 1 person was supporting the candidate and party I was.

52 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

On Facebook, almost EVERYBODY involved was on my side of the spectrum, with only one or two on the other side of the aisle.

While I was there only 3 of us were involved and both of you were against my positions. Did that change after I left? Did more people get involved and were they all saying the kind of things that I couldn't even have written in either of the other BS Forums? Seriously. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:
  56 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

For your information purposes only, the BS forum was a stacked deck, with about 4 to 5 people on one side of the spectrum for every one on my side of the aisle. On Facebook, almost EVERYBODY involved was on my side of the spectrum, with only one or two on the other side of the aisle

Wow Roger, isn't it surprising that you call it a stacked deck when you were supposedly in the minority, but it seems you had no objection when you were supposedly in the majority on FB?  How odd......

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

And....therein lies the problem. 

Christy

The problem isn't like twistedcrankenhammer states but his perspective. Otoh, only  one of has been cautioned by moderators  that we needed to be more civil and it wasn't me. I also didn't complain but was exposing why more people didn't join the discussion and as I mentioned, had no problem being in the minority in the other place at the end and the beginning which was during Republican Administrations...During the Obama years it was a pretty quiet place and no one seemed to really have any complaints. :) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Wow Roger, isn't it surprising that you call it a stacked deck when you were supposedly in the minority, but it seems you had no objection when you were supposedly in the majority on FB?  How odd......

He was in the majority of two. Gilbert and he definitely had a POV and they expressed it a way you really can't in public. Heck, I even think they would admit that and why it should be out of the public eye. 

50 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Also that a huge hole was left on my side when Marshal left  :(

He and I had some really good discussions and he never resorted to what I described as uncivil. I also don't remember him being around much but I did enjoy it when he participated. 

36 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

In fact, what ULTIMATELY led to the demise was an issue that occurred prior to everyone finding out about BS. 

I must have missed that day, but what lead to the demise of ANY political talk is folks getting nasty, not that they disagree....Honestly, I shake my head at some of the things grown men discuss on ANY forum and the reason regulars stay here is for the comradery, and yes the love of our Klipsch Speakers and the sound they reproduce. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I must have missed that day, but what lead to the demise of ANY political talk is folks getting nasty, not that they disagree....Honestly, I shake my head at some of the things grown men discuss on ANY forum and the reason regulars stay here is for the comradery, and yes the love of our Klipsch Speakers and the sound they reproduce. 

Racism is NEVER acceptable in any form. Corporate entities can tolerate a lot of BS. Racism is not something that should ever be tolerated. The liability outweighs the common good. 

• Like 1

This is completely Dizzzzzzzzzzzing....

Unfortunately Racism still exists.....:(:(:(...

Peoples beliefs???? How does that Happen???? :(:(:(

CHEERS To All.....Damn it to Hell/Devil/Trump, I cant find the Beer Glass Thingy emoji.....

2 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Racism is NEVER acceptable in any form.

So a racist is who got the BS Forum closed? 😲 Umm....I don't remember hearing that but If it's the case then it appears racism won and the rest of us lost....The one thing I did notice was how many white folks seemed to care about black issues in political discussions and thought that was weird, but have found out it was by design.