Truck Enthusiast any one?

James Real

Just curious to know, anyone here who is into Trucks? Let say off roading, mud runs etc?
I, myself love's to modifying trucks. I own a Jeep XJ and it's my current project truck, my most current mods is a set of american force wheels and a 3-inch lift kit. I'm getting ready for this weekends mud run. So who else here would like to share some stories and current mods with their rides?

Even though I'm not much into the lifted/mud truckers anymore, I am a truck guy. I would rather drive a truck than a car. I have two trucks, a 2006 1500 Chevy 4x4, it's been a work truck it's whole life, has 240k on it and still runs good. It's been a great truck. I've worked it WAY beyond it's limits. My brother says the transmission from that truck should be in the Smithsonian :D

I also have a newer GMC 2500 HD 4x4. It just turned over 60k. It's a gas hog but it sure is fun to drive!

I'm a truck guy . My last project though was in the early 90's . I decided the 302 in my 84 Bronco wasn't enough. Figured a 460 would be better. What a nightmare ! I had to try and install the Engine 3 times . Drop it in and the Exhaust manifold hits the frame:angry: Pull it out and order custom headers . Drop it back in and can't get an oil filter on , pull it and order a remote oil filter. Special Pulleys and on and on. Finally get it running and oops oil looks like a milkshake, Off to the machine shop. Get it running and Hammer it , Pretty sure I popped a wheelie :P but now have intermittent  power , oops spun the dive shaft. When it was finally good to go the big Holley Carb had to be adjusted Daily . $2500 project comes in at over $7K . Now I'm more of a KISS person (Keep It Stock Stupid) In the last 40 yrs I've had 1 car as a daily driver Lincoln Mark 7, Nice car and fun but was back in a truck within the year.I am now in a 2005 Silverado Z71 . 208,000 miles . Tires, Batteries, Brakes, Oil Changes, 1 set of shocks, a water pump,and tie rods. Original Plugs, wires, and exhaust :ph34r:

• Like 1

I used to be a truck guy. Since I started commuting 100 miles on average a day round trip for work, I drive a Hyundai.

It took me a long time to get used to......but every time I fill er up I pat myself on the back and am actually getting used to it.

Feel free to stop by and kick my a$$.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've owned trucks most of my life, but now am driving a 2008 Kia Sportage...until I retire next year, then I will HAVE TO GET A TRUCK again!  Too bad nobody is making one (and marketing it HERE!) that I really want, though!  I might just buy an old Studebaker flathead six truck and restore it...engine parts are still available (thanks to all of those Studebaker-built deuce and a half trucks they built for the Korean War era!  The Studebaker deuce and a half trucks were the ABSOLUTE BEST gas-powered ones ever made! Caveat: except for that damned battery box door latch!

I have a 2014 tundra set up for towing a smaller 5th wheel. Air bags, nitto dura grappler10 ply tires,extended mirrors, elec brake, If your not using your truck for mudding and want a great all around tire the dura grappler is it. Handles great and people are getting crazy miles out of a set. I know a guy who uses them on a work truck loaded down with tools and pulling a 17000 lb trailer most of the time and he got over 60 thousand miles out of a pair! 90,000 is not uncommon on a regular truck. They look great also.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEV0H2cnRa4zQAgzxXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0M2t1ODlnBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjQwMzdfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=nitto+dura+grappler&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t-s#id=4&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tirebuyer.com%2Fmedias%2Fsys_master%2Fh66%2Fhfe%2F8959783796766%2Fnitto-duragrappler-jpg-crop-x1000.jpg&action=click

On 1/28/2018 at 11:43 AM, kevinmi said:

I see about 250 new trucks every day. If that don't make me a truck guy, nothing will! -Shop Rat @GM Flint Truck Assembly

@kevinmi

"Only" 250? - No wonder my GM stock is underperforming.

Just yankin your chain acclaimed shop rat.

GO,  Michigan manufacturing because tourism just won't get it done !!!

7 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

@kevinmi

"Only" 250? - No wonder my GM stock is underperforming.

Just yankin your chain acclaimed shop rat.

GO,  Michigan manufacturing because tourism just won't get it done !!!

I wonder how many GM trucks are made in Michigan? I know there's a plant in Ft Wayne Indiana, and a huge plant in Mexico.

Removed the rust from the wheel wells, hood and tailgate of my 206,000 mile 95 Bronco a couple of years ago. Still runs great, but is mostly in it's stall (heated garage) due to the cost of gas and my lengthy commute.  I've gone through it and replaced the PSOM, lamp/temp/compass module, rewired the tailgate while I was rebuilding it and replaced the front seat cushion upholstery.  It'll never be new again and has some of the common issues for Ford Trucks of that era, but it's a nice ride if I keep it under 70mph.