La Scalas finally in new system

Browning

• Moderators
1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

o you've got a deer and a black bear.  Hmmph, big deal.

That could be any back road in West Virginia.  :P

But how many deer and black bears have LaSala ll's to listen to. I think those are a little special, dead but special, live ones would hog all the good seats anyway. :unsure::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, dtel said:

But how many deer and black bears have LaSala ll's to listen to. I think those are a little special, dead but special, live ones would hog all the good seats anyway. :unsure::lol:

Elden,

Still has his training wheels on compared to Kevin  :D

Show him a picture of Kevins Man Cave Elden...  :D

Roger

Congrats!!

Corners if possible, or at least a little further apart.

Better if unobstructed from line of sight when listening, damps the sound, can the sofa be moved out of the line of sight?

Had mine since 1982, have never been moved to change speakers after any listening session with other speakers.

Forte 2s are great sleepers.

For the LaScalas in your space, 2 watts will take your head off, why all the amplification ?

Having said that my amp puts out 200W per channel with most listening at .01 watts.

5 hours ago, Bubo said:

Congrats!!

Corners if possible, or at least a little further apart.

Better if unobstructed from line of sight when listening, damps the sound, can the sofa be moved out of the line of sight?

Had mine since 1982, have never been moved to change speakers after any listening session with other speakers.

Forte 2s are great sleepers.

For the LaScalas in your space, 2 watts will take your head off, why all the amplification ?

Having said that my amp puts out 200W per channel with most listening at .01 watts.

The La Scalas were the final pieces in my system. I was sold on some (choking) Goldenears until hearing the Klipsch sound. A listening partner and fellow Klipscher has a set KI 396 and I fell in love with them. I went to the audition and listened to the La Scalas and HAD to have them. I realize I have a rediculous amount of power as each of these amps is bridges to 1000w. Yes I said 1000w lol. Needless to say I have plenty of headroom🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

may want to try the lascalas with some low watt class A amps, tube or otherwise.

you can probably pick up some used Class A SS or Tube for not a lot of money.

I'm up to around a dozen solid state amps, the yammies are hard to beat.

14 hours ago, Schu said:

LSii's will really shine with a different amplification source... namely tubes.

I’m considering long term a pair of tapped horn subs to be pushed by the emo amps and incorporating a top notch tube amp for the La Scalas. These are however Long term thoughts.