RP-hub1 - thread for reporting of bugs and feature requests

Orca99

9 hours ago, triller said:

https://www.klipsch.com/ces-2019#wisa

It appears that there are at least some new speakers coming.  The brochure doesn't suggest there is a new control hub though.  If the wisa integration on the 2019 LG tvs allows me to drop the control hub entirely I'll be considering upgrading.

Here's the USB dongle: http://www.summitwireless.com/uploads/6/5/9/2/65922691/tx_dongle_pt자료_v2.pdf

It doesn't mention "compatible TVs" (like the LG), so this may be what you need for any TV?

Also, I thought this was interesting:  "Home Theater AVR extension". Sounds like you can use this with your existing receiver?

edit: Nevermind, that was a projection or wishful thinking. Seems like they could only get it to work on (compatible) LG TVs, Computers and Xbox. Or anything with an OS that accepts new hardware. Sounded too good to be true.

Edited by dethbysexy

On 1/4/2019 at 9:15 AM, triller said:

https://www.klipsch.com/ces-2019#wisa

It appears that there are at least some new speakers coming.  The brochure doesn't suggest there is a new control hub though.  If the wisa integration on the 2019 LG tvs allows me to drop the control hub entirely I'll be considering upgrading.

Interesting, at least we’re seeing new WISA products from Klipsch.  Maybe 2020 will bring an updated hub.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 8:21 AM, Milesdavisii said:

Interesting, at least we’re seeing new WISA products from Klipsch.  Maybe 2020 will bring an updated hub.

Seems doubtful when you look at the website and notice they've removed all trace of the HD Wireless from their product pages. Looks like they have abandoned us.

Check out this..

https://hdguru.com/wisa-certifies-axiim-link-usb-wireless-transmitter/

The Axiim Link may be a possible solution here in the near future. Bluetooth, XBOX, Windows PC's and some smart TV compatible. Looks like I may just wait around to see the price off this unit before I drop 1024.00 with shipping on the Axiim Q.. Seems to me, this is why Klipsch has dropped the ball on FW updates and didnt show a Hub v2.0 this year at CES with their new WiSA enabled speakers..

Sorry didnt mean to double mention this...

Edited by as157108
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I’m here because I’m nervous 😳 

I just threw down on this system, albeit I got a good deal. Probably because they are discontinuing it. Anyway is ANYONE getting this system to work properly as of Feb 2019?  I can’t believe Klipsch would sell all these systems and just walk away. There have to be other hubs from other companies right?  I saw one called enclave 

i wonder if theirs would be compatible. Anyway long story short should I send this thing back before I even unbox? 

• 1 month later...

I've had the system for almost 2 years without much problem. Now, the hub won't respond to the remote at all, so I can't access any of the menu features. I have downloaded the latest update, but when I put the thumb drive in the hub the display says "press ok to continue". Since the remote isn't working I can't select it. Is there any way to control the sub-menus without the remote? I can't even do a factory reset without the remote.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 2:08 PM, dek said:

I've had the system for almost 2 years without much problem. Now, the hub won't respond to the remote at all, so I can't access any of the menu features. I have downloaded the latest update, but when I put the thumb drive in the hub the display says "press ok to continue". Since the remote isn't working I can't select it. Is there any way to control the sub-menus without the remote? I can't even do a factory reset without the remote.

Try a Harmony or other universal remote.  I have my Harmony setup to work.   I also have my apple remote for my appletv setup to control volume (won’t help with the buttons you need). 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, dethbysexy said:

New firmware dated 7/31. Appears to be a major release as it required resetting my Office speakers to default.

https://www.klipsch.com/firmware?product=28396

Yeah, I loaded it up about a week ago, it pushed new firmware to each speaker.  Took about 15 min to finish on a 5.2 setup.  Everything is working good, although I hadn’t really had any issues since the last firmware release.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

As the OP, I can now happily report that i have not had a single problem with connecting up or dropped speakers for several months, even with the old hub software. My experience indicate speaker software update could be the key to getting stable connections.

If you install the 2.0.4 software in your system. please report back if the connectivity issues has finally been fixed. I cant test this myself as my spouse has banned me from changing ANYTING in the system.

If connections are generally stable now, I will try to change the subject of this thread to ONLY include Feature requests.

Orca99

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the latest firmware update loaded (v 1.8.0) and it has taken care of the issue that had me ready to throw the hub out of the window. Our speakers would drop out for a few seconds several times an hour. They would come back, generally at a lower volume than before the dropout although they would come up to the 'set' volume after a little bit. The drop outs were so bad, and so common, that we left closed captioning on so that we wouldn't miss the dialog of the program we were watching.

Uploading the firmware took very little time; each speaker went through an update process that took 4 steps per. At the end of the upload the hub returned to the menu screen and all was good. It's been several weeks now and although my ears perk up every time there is a pause in audio now it's all just the hero staring into the distance before sighing and walking away!

I should tell you that I'm using the analog input and aux setting on the hub rather than one of the more modern inputs.

Rob

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 12:04 AM, dethbysexy said:

Looks promising, but it's part of a set of Harmon Kardon speakers. I know this WISA stuff is supposed to be interoperable, but there is no guarantee there. It'd be great if someone here takes one for the team and tries it. 🙂

I'm beginning to feel like the endgame is when it's TV upgrade time, we'll all end up getting a WISA ready LG TV + axiim Link, and using the TV as the hub. That Q UHD Wireless Media Center looks great, but it's $1,199. That's half the price of a new LG C9 65 inch! And the price of the TV is dropping rapidly. It'll probably be $1,500 in another year.

Side question: does anyone have experience with the axiim Link connected to an Xbox one? I don't understand the point in that configuration. Who would have a 5.1 home theatre with a TV that can only play audio from their Xbox? Is that really all it does? I'm sitting here thinking there must be some move to run the rest of your device's audio through the configuration that I'm missing, but I'm not seeing how. I don't understand why anybody would do that—limiting your setup to only the Xbox? Really? I suppose there are apps on the Xbox to do just about everything now, but I can't imagine someone having that much money in a system and denying themselves the opportunity for a cable box, Apple TV, and/or Roku.

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2019 at 11:10 PM, JhonRambo said:

I contacted support department regarding that it is impossible to reduce bass properly on the hub. Here's the response:

So they are aware of this problem. The fix they are proposing is at best an emergency solution, not working well. I really hope they take it serious enough to actually implement an option for bass adjustment in the next hub-update so that I am able to play Spotify again. I just can't play any songs anymore because I have two options: 1. play with low sound and high bass, 2.play with high sound and high bass (and broken window glasses and neighboor complaints). This update need to be priotitized before everyone on this forum goes to Axiim instead. Can't really blame any for doing so.

I'm quoting myself here... anyone know if they fixed the bass issue? Can we now adjust bass "on the fly" with remote? Normally remotes have +/- for volume, and +/- for bass... why don't klipsch? I really need this feature added to next firmware ... but it seems like I'm the only one that's frustrated about this on the forum, anyone else?

• 1 month later...

Anyone else having issues updating to 2.0.4? I am on "REV v1.4.3c_dev" version, and now it says "update complete for the 2.0.4" but I am still on the REV v1.4.3c_dev ... I also clicked factory reset, and I am still on REV v1.4.3c_dev after completing reset. What is happening? Please help!

EDIT: Strangely it took me 5 try to update... I wondered why update process was complete after "5" minutes so must have been some errors.

Edited by JhonRambo
Managed to update now after 5th try...

• 2 months later...

Nice find, but if this is any indication... " transmits up to eight audio channels" It's still most likely only 7.1. 

edit: Unless it can do 5.1.2

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200929005285/en/WiSA-Introduces-SoundSend-Home-Cinema-Audio-Transmitter-to-Instantly-Connect-100’s-of-Millions-of-Smart-TVs-to-WiSA-Certified™-Speakers

Edited by dethbysexy
speculation