RP-hub1 - thread for reporting of bugs and feature requests

Orca99

You can already have more than one sub if that's what you're asking ( I do). If you want 7 channels plus 2 Atmos channels (7.1.2) then by judging by that pic the answer is apparently not. I do wonder if they have a roadmap for that though. Ultimately, I'm hoping more companies will add the ability to use Wisa for the surround and sub channels if needed. How that hasn't happened yet tells me the licensing may be expensive.

Edited by dethbysexy

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen any new posts since this date (11/5/20) does this mean that the issues have been resolved?  I am asking because I just purchased the older RP-140WM bookshelf speakers and the RP-440WC center channel from Amazon.  I have a WISA SoundSend that I know should work with these speakers but it doesn't have the ability to update the speaker software so my concern is whether I may need a RP HUB-1 in order to update the speaker software since they may not be up to date.  Is there anyway to find out what version of software the speakers have without the HUB-1?

I realize the Klipsch is no longer selling these speakers of the HUB-1 but it is available from Amazon and eBay.  I hate the idea of spending $500 for a device that may prove inferior.  Does the Axiim puck have the ability to update the software?

Thanks for any help

• 2 months later...

I have the soundsend and it works fine.  no update needed.  i've recently bought the hub just to see if there's any diff (i got it for 50 bucks on ebay)  i think i like the sound send much better.... I'm am curious if the sound send will allow for two subs though....

• 2 weeks later...

Since this thread appears to be a catchall of all things Wisa related... Just in time for Soundsend's Atmos option... Wisa ceiling speakers now available:

https://www.litheaudio.com/pro-series-ceiling-speakers/lithe-audio-pro-series-ceiling-speaker-pair.html?language=16&currency=3

01560_Lithe%20Audio%20WiFi_Ceiling%20Speaker_Pair_Front[4].jpg

I have now worked with the SoundSend, the Klipsch RP Hub1 and the Axiim Q-UHD.  The SoundSend is in most ways the best of these WISA transmitters.  It isn't perfect yet and it has a few shortcomings but compared to the others offers more bang for the buck.  The RP Hub1 is the worst of these but with the last software update that Klipsch released does work.  Axiim has not updated the Q UHD in a couple of years so no Dolby Atmos support.  If you have a Smart TV, plugging in your Apple TV 4K, Fire TV, Roku, etc. makes them cumbersome to access and use with far too many steps with no real advantage to having all the HDMI ports.  If you don't have a smart TV and are only using the TV as a video monitor then it makes sense but it is over priced.  It does have a few nice features such as a white noise generator to set speaker levels.  The biggest issue I have seen with the SoundSend and it applies to Samsung 2020 TVs has to do with the fact that the TV does not recognize the device as being Dolby Atmos capable.  For some reason it seems to ignore its EDID value.  If you insert an HDFury Arcana into the loop the issue is solved.  As an added bonus you can then get the Samsung to support Dolby Vision.