Active Jubelle project

The Dude

I know I know, the Jub bass bin is half of what makes a Jubilee a Jubilee, but for now lets pretend that the K402 has a lot to do with it.

I have recently purchased a pair of K402/k510 combos.  These have the passive between the K402 and K510.  The K402s have the 1133s and the K510s have the B&C DE 75-8s.  Now if it makes any difference, I do have a set of B&C DE750TN-16.  These will sit on top of my Diy Belle Bass bins.  I am eager to try this as a two way with just he K402 and B&C, but could use some help getting started.  I am also wanting to give the three way try as well. 

I was wondering if anyone had the pdf file for the Jubscala in any configuration, preferably with the B&C driver.  As of right now, I am running the eq settings from the Klipsch site for the Jubilee, I figured it was something to start with.  I have complied a small list of active eq settings form other forum members, such as Chris's Belle tri amped.  However, that set up is using the K510 as the mid and the Beyma tweeter.   I do have a umk-1 and REW, so when my room is done, I will give it the good college try at figuring out the optimal settings, but for now I thought I would try something that has worked for others. 

I was hoping once we compiled a list of different configurations, we could make this thread sticky for those that come down this road in the future.

Jubilee settings for all variations using Dx38.xls

Here are the settings that I used for a K-402/K-69-A (2-way) JuBelle using a Xilica XP series crossover.  First the bass bin settings:

5a66624257030_K-691bassbinJuBellesettings.thumb.PNG.b70969c7a77efe52bd93ce100115ab20.PNG

And the K-69-A/K-402 settings:

5a6662646fd10_K-691K-402compressiondriverJuBellesettings.thumb.PNG.19e01b3502bc2b7251f008537a58bab6.PNG

Chris

• Like 1

last night I removed the K510, crossover, and mid driver.  I am swapping the mid driver on the k402 with the B&C.  However, I ran into a couple of small hick ups.   One-the B&C driver wont mount to K402 with the adjustable bracket-so I need to come up with a solution for that.  Second-I noticed cork gasket on both sides of the mounting bracket.  Is cork preferred or is there other gasket material? I have some felt gasket material if that would work.  One thing I question is the mounting of the bracket, I noticed that it was not perfectly centered.  I assume this has no affect on sound. 

35 minutes ago, The Dude said:

...One thing I question is the mounting of the bracket, I noticed that it was not perfectly centered.  I assume this has no affect on sound. 

While it might not be overtly audible, I did find that I could measure the effect of having the compression driver off-center, and it shows up in the spectrogram plots as reflected energy at about 8-11 kHz (depending on the design of the snout of the compression driver).  When I centered the internal diameters of the horn and driver using a 1 7/16" socket wrapped with a couple of layers of masking tape, the problem disappeared. 

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

...the B&C driver wont mount to K402 with the adjustable bracket...

This is odd.  The K-691s had no real issues with mounting to a K-402 or K-510.  Do you think that it's an issue with the first-generation K-402?

Chris

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

While it might not be overtly audible, I did find that I could measure the effect of having the compression driver off-center, and it shows up in the spectrogram plots as reflected energy at about 8-11 kHz (depending on the design of the snout of the compression driver).  When I centered the internal diameters of the horn and driver using a 1 7/16" socket wrapped with a couple of layers of masking tape, the problem disappeared. 

This is odd.  The K-691s had no real issues with mounting to a K-402 or K-510.  Do you think that it's an issue with the first-generation K-402?

Chris

I can get the driver to mount to the horn minus the bracket,  however the studs are two long.

15171675566762057238982.jpg

Right now I am running Chris's settings. I was running these with the three way set up, needless to say,  that didn't work.  Sounds a Lot better with out the passive and tweeter.  I am sure if one was to run a full active three way, they could get it sounding pretty good.  For now I will keep it simple and run a two way.  

A bit bright on the highs with these settings.  I dropped the gain on one of the eq settings down a little, that helped ,but it still needs work.  I am not goingto get to in-depth with equine these until my room is done and I have sound panels up.

Center stage is great throughout the room.  Typewriter clip on Money sounds awesome. 

15171751939879472565.jpg

1 hour ago, rockhound said:

Cool is that a THTLP standing upright? I will be using my 904 LF cab with the DE75/402 in a 2 way combo until I can find some jub bass bins.

It's the little brother ttls.  Yes as soon as I have funds for Jub bass bins they are next.   For now I am or at happy with the way things are.  Now I need to finish the basement.