WTB (Want to Borrow or Possibly Buy) RF-7 II Crossovers

Youthman

• Moderators

This is a long shot but I want see if anyone has a pair of RF-7 II Crossovers that I can borrow for a few weeks as I will be comparing the RF-7, RF-7 II and RF-7 III but my RF-7 II have Deang crossovers.  I would cover the cost of shipping.  PM me if you can help out.

Michael

Wow, fantastic sounding project!  If things go the way I think they will, this could really help customers who are on the fence between the RF-7 II & III to make the jump to the RF-7 III.

@YouthmanHave you considered contacting Klipsch, Inc?  Maybe they would be willing to help.

Do you have any extra RF-7 II XO's laying around the shop available to loan, @Chief bonehead

(you don't need to respond, I just wanted to bring the thread to your attention and Michael is too polite to ask.  B))

• Moderators

He's mentioned it, I would rather him not have to do without his speakers since he's constantly in his home theater.  We even talked about him driving down with his RF-7 II for the comparison but it's not practical.  Besides, the Deang crossovers trim some of the top end off of the highs and wake prefers the brighter sound of the stock crossovers than mine.

Just curious Michael, will you be using the same amp for all three, same source, same material? Will you position all three speakers in the exact spot in the same room?

Just curious about your implementation of speakers. Or maybe have them all aligned up next to each other and use a speaker switch to go from one speaker to the next.

It's quite a challenge your taking on.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, pzannucci said:

I'd be concerned that the crossovers were designed for different driver sets.  That may help them not yield proper results and depending on the crossover, may cause damage if listened to loudly.

Dean is correct, the photo from Speaker Exchange is the stock RF-7 II crossover.  They are local to me.  Not sure how they always have parts for various speakers but they do.  If you are referring to the modded crossover that I have, no worries on driving them loudly.  I have given them plenty of opportunity to fail and the Deang crossovers are still going strong 5 years later.  :D