R-15PM prevent PC's display to go to sleep

midnightnoir

I have a pair of R-15PM connected to my Windows 10 via USB, it's preventing my Windows's to let display to go to sleep.

If I turn the speaker off, my display will go into sleep mode. Here's what I've tried so far from googling for hours:

• I've ran "powercfg -requests" and there's nothing there
  • I've also Disabled USB Selective Suspend
  • Uncheck Allow Applications to take Exclusive Control of this Device in SPDIF Interface Properties.

Nothing seems to work, whereas my Logitech G933 wouldn't prevent my display going to sleep right out of the box.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem with my R-14PM and found a solution.

I used the utility USBDeview from NirSoft and found several entries for the speaker, seen from the shared "Instance ID":

image.png.5952651705272f47a0fda60c71a1f945.png

After disabling the "USB Input Device", the sleep problem went away.

Can be done without a third-party utility as well, but not as easy to find the right one to disable.

Edited by plarikant
Not allowed to post link

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks from us too, @plarikant ... r-41pm wouldn't let computer sleep... weeks of googling off and on looking for a quick fix and finally read this thread all the way through. This worked!!! We always avoid 3rd party exe's when possible, but Nirsoft is one of very few that we trust. Thanks again.

(and by the way, this potentially saved Crutchfield/Klipsch a return on otherwise great speakers... this is a pretty serious defect that's probably easy for someone to fix)

Edited by Harefoot

• 5 months later...

Thank you Plarikant. I used your info and searched Windows device manager for the most recently installed USB Input Device and disabled it. I tested by setting screen sleep timer to 1 minute. When the minute was up the screen went back to sleep. I wanted to know if this would also allow the machine to enter sleep mode at a timer and it failed that. This is a bummer but at least my screen wont stay on all night.  That was a great catch!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...