Maybe my wife is right

TFR1

1 hour ago, TFR1 said:

"You're Still a Young Man".......................

One of my absolute all time favorite tunes from TOP.

Jerry, get the 40th Anniversary Concert DVD from TOP.  Can't remember if I played part of it for you when you were here, but it is terrific.  

• Like 1

@KROCK

Busied myself with alloy gas tank this weekend. 

I am happy with the result.

Lots of final sand and polish to do.

A little business traveing this week. Finishing will need to wait till next week.

I apologize for cluttering this forum with some of my other hobbies.

I will not abuse this forum any longer with my non klipsch interests.

If anyone  is curious, just send a PM.

Jerry

20180326_175048_1522101092136.jpg

• 8 months later...

Finished this project more than 8 months ago. Made Irish linen grill boards that I really like.

Just have started looking for Cornwall badges to complete the look.

What I hope to find are Cornwall grill badges as found on the Cornwall III limited edition California walnut veneer models.

Tried contacting Klipsch directly yesterday. No success. (at least no success in reaching a human)

Also called an Atlanta area authorized distributor. They told me that limited edition parts were not available. (not sure that I believe that)                                    Does any one have a distributor that might be willing to help?                                                                                                                                                                                      

Jerry

Cornwall-Special-Edition-Lifestyle-3.jpg

thumbnail-3 copy 3.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 7:21 PM, TFR1 said:

@KROCK

Busied myself with alloy gas tank this weekend. 

I am happy with the result.

Lots of final sand and polish to do.

A little business traveing this week. Finishing will need to wait till next week.

I apologize for cluttering this forum with some of my other hobbies.

I will not abuse this forum any longer with my non klipsch interests.

If anyone  is curious, just send a PM.

Jerry

20180326_175048_1522101092136.jpg

There's no need to apologize. Myself, and I'm sure I'm not alone, really like the work you'e done on your motorcycle. It takes a lot of talent to mold a part out of steel. I hope you keep the motorcycle pice coming, it looks excellent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

There's no need to apologize. Myself, and I'm sure I'm not alone, really like the work you've done on your motorcycle. It takes a lot of talent to mold a part out of steel. I hope you keep the motorcycle pics coming, it looks excellent.

Add my vote to yours!

@TFR1 there are a lot of us here who have love for Klipsch and motorcycles.  We have road racers, street bike guys, collectors, I am a former MX and hare scrambles guy, KTM and Husqvarna 250's.  There have been many motorcycle threads on the Klipsch forums, yours is not the first.  I am in awe of your fabricating skills and I'd like to see how your project turns out if you don't mind sharing pics and comments. 

This is your thread, please feel free to continue with the bike updates as you get them.  :emotion-21:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@wvu80

I do appreciate the kind comments.

Less than a year ago I did not own a Klipsch. Now I have 2 pair of 70's vintage Cornwalls and 2 pair of Heresy's. With the exception the very well cared for pair of walnut Heresy's, everything was purchased in need of refurbishment. My motorcycles and cars are very much the same.

My first motorcycle was purchased before I had a license to operate it. That was 49 years ago and I do not think I have spent more than a few months since without a motorcycle project in my garage.

Currently have the Egli-Vincent, a '23 and a '26 Henderson and a couple of '50s Triumphs in various stages of repair.

The metalworking is great therapy! It allows me to actually pretend, for a few hours every week, that I am in control of something.

Metal shaping is a hobby, not my profession. Though I have been forming metal for car and M/C projects since I was in HS, I took a professional Metal Shaping Workshop about 25 years ago. 

The most important thing I learned was not about technique, but about success and failure. "Just when the part you are working on appears to be destined for the  scrap pile, don't give up, success is within your grasp."

I had a habit of giving up on difficult projects because I wanted perfection. Now I know when I frustrated, I recognize that frustration as a sign of how close I am to winning.

As an example, I have a 1927 Morgan three wheel car. Needed to build a new Radiator. To make the Radiator dome  requires that the metal be drastically reshaped to find a dome within a piece of flat stock. A torch, heavy mallet, stump, shot bag and an English Wheel all were used. Pictures show how ugly the metal was before a radiator dome appeared.  Material is a sheet of .045 nickel silver. It is polished, not chromed on the '20s era Morgans.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Jerry

1927 Morgan radiator.jpeg

MTWC Radiator dome.jpg

Morgan Radiator dome.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

• Like 2

@Marvel

Making sawdust is easy, but not always fun.

My problem is that sometimes I cut the line when I should have cut TO the line.

When metalworking, I can fix my mistake with the welder.

Woodworking is much less forgiving. I often have to look for another board.

My '27 Morgan required woodworking and metalworking skills.

jerry

18ga Body Panels copy.jpg

IMG_20130629_124116 copy.jpg

• Like 3