You can look but don't touch - CF-4

vasubandu

Funny @CECAA850 I never worry about things like that.  I send money before people ship things, and I don't test them when I pick them up.  Everyone tells me that I am going to get ripped off, but I never do.  Sort of a you get what you expect kind of thing.  When I park my car in Seattle, I leave the doors unlocked with the keys in the doorwell, but no one has ever stolen it.  Karma, I guess.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Hey  can someone who knows verify that these are CF-4s and maybe what version?  Thanks.  

What I see in the pics are that the horns appear to be grey in color as well as the drivers. They also seem to have the longer port tubes. With those clues,  they are leaning to either version 1 or maybe the  2.  Ask him for a serial number from the back to know for sure.

8 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

@Jirachi The CF-4 came with differnent ports as I understand it. I don't know how to interpret it.  He as the CF-3 as well, so maybe the 4s were early.

v1 has 5" ports, the others are half that. Upon a second closer inspection I'm not sure if it's just the shadow or actually short ports though.  Only way to know is to have them measured.

5 hours ago, TasDom said:

I have talked to him. He will take $950 and actually deliver them to my house and set them up so we can test them. But for towers, I would go for a pair of RF-5 from @jjptkd that have been modified with tweeters and crossovers from RC-7.  So basically a vertical RC-7.  Sort of what you might call perfection in a tower.

The plot thickens.  The guy says that he does not want to ship them and will only sell face to face.  He lives in a town of 126 people in the middle of the poorest area in the entire UNited States, as in 80% unemployment and average annual income of $3,500.  and he thinks people are going to drop by for $400 speakers?

Now some people might give up, but that is not me.  I have been helping a client do some work for the Lakota Tribe and build their economy, so I have met many of the elders in the ruling council.  One in particular has been friendly so I asked him if he could help me send some money to go get the speakers and then give them to FedEx or get them to me some other way.  Given the economy, I bet people would love to drive them to me for the $500 it would cost with FedEx, and that would eliminate worries.  Besides what a great story for a speaker.  "Yeah, some Indians drove half way across the country to deliver these."  

Not done yet, but I am not out.

• Like 1