Neil Diamond and Parkinson's

Ceptorman

I saw that on the news last night.  Great performer; I've seen him various times through the years and was always great to see.  Even in my 20's when I had long hair and was playing in RnR bands off and on and he was outside of my usual "genre" (lol),  there was still something about seeing him live.  A true entertainer and songwriter.

31 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I saw that on the news last night.  Great performer; I've seen him various times through the years and was always great to see.  Even in my 20's when I had long hair and was playing in RnR bands off and on and he was outside of my usual "genre" (lol),  there was still something about seeing him live.  A true entertainer and songwriter.

I never saw him live, but I had 4 older brothers (all in their 60s now) that played his music a lot. Even though he wasn't my genre of musician, I always appreciated his music, and like all of it. I hear it now and it reminds me of my childhood. He always seemed like a good guy.

I've also seen him many times.  Always a great show.  His best (in my opinion) was back when he opened AND closed with America and had the explosions going off in the background....  if that didn't pump you up with patriotism, nothing would.

That said...  his last DVD has a song on it that I feel is sort of his Swansong...

Go download & listen to "Hell Yeah"