R-115SW placement in dedicated HT

Gar

I've got a dedicated HT (13.5' x 18' x 8')  I've got Def Tech speakers with a 7.1.4 Atmos setup with dedicated ceiling speakers.  I purchased the R-115SW to ensure I had enough bass for the HT and it definitely does!  While it's a dedicated space for HT, I still do have restrictions for Sub placement due to the seating and the R-115SW cannot be placed in the rear corners without blocking the path around the seating.

I currently have the R-115SW placed in the front left corner and as luck would have it... there is a deadspot exactly in the seating area!  In fact, if I stand up, the dead spot is gone and when I sit down, it's there!  I have yet to conduct the crawl test...  the sub is pretty heavy and my wife definitely won't help me lift it...  I'm also considering a 2nd sub but not sure if I should get another R-115SW and place it front right corner (seems like overkill as there is plenty of bass).  Or possibly getting a smaller sub like a R-110SW which may be able to squeeze into the right rear corner.

Any suggestions or recommendations on the 2nd sub?

2 is always better than one, and 3 is better than 2, etc.

Sub crawl is your first step. Although because the 115 is rather LARGE, not everyone can place them in the most efficient spot once you do the sub crawl. However for those who can place them anywhere, still 2 will fill any small nulls and dips and give you a much more impact on LFE like in Jurassic Park. I am running two R115 in the front and one R112 in the rear (the rear sub is more for impact/tactile punch) and the 3 in my room are AMAZING! I am running a 9.3.4

• Like 1