New Listening Room, and New House

Mallette

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yep.  Got the good vodka and bourbon ready to go.

Seriously though, without getting too "gushy".....this event is in the top of the list of my very favorite things every year.  It's a long drive, and I spend a bunch of money, but when I  return from the trip, my wife always says...."you look happy".  Makes it all worth it.  

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Seriously though, without getting too "gushy".....this event is in the top of the list of my very favorite things every year.  It's a long drive, and I spend a bunch of money, but when I  return from the trip, my wife always says...."you look happy".  Makes it all worth it.  

Mine does as well.  I've talked it up so much that she's coming this year.  My daughter wants to come also.

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Mine does as well.  I've talked it up so much that she's coming this year.  My daughter wants to come also.

Woot! Woot! This will either end your marriage, or cement it forever.  I'm betting on the latter...

Dave

6 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Woot! Woot! This will either end your marriage, or cement it forever.  I'm betting on the latter...

Dave

She knows me pretty well.  It'll be the same as its been for years. No surprises.  I have no idea how she's put up with me for so long.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

When Hope gets a Hyatt or Hilton, with a Spa, my wife may consider coming.

Congratulations on your home Dave.

Nuthin wrong with that house that a drunken house painter can't fix.  Send me a plane ticket, go to the bank and withdraw several thousands dollars, and buy me a bottle of LBV Porto, not that musty old tawny stuff, and I promise you I will slip out of town with the job half done. Sure that was a run on sentence, but its an accurate description of what I can personally bring to the table to make your new home, a lived in, messed up home. 

Just remember, all my jobs come with my world famous, never to be equaled anywhere, no money back guarantee.

Congratulations my friend.

1 hour ago, thebes said:

Send me a plane ticket, go to the bank and withdraw several thousands dollars, and buy me a bottle of LBV Porto, not that musty old tawny stuff, and I promise you I will slip out of town with the job half done

Marty, I am going to do that, but not today.  

Thanks for the wishes, and I would be tickled to damn death if you ever came to visit, with our without the long lost twins.

Dave

• Moderators
On 1/25/2018 at 4:30 PM, Mallette said:

Well, the "Dave Cave" will revert to its actual intended use as the offices of the Regional Music Heritage Center

Love it.

What's the story on the concrete walls?  Never seen or heard that before, other then dorm rooms and military housing.

Honestly not certain what materials are in  what we refer to as "plaster" or "stucco."  The interior and exterior walls of this house are of the same material.  Posted elsewhere, but here's an exterior shot for reference.  Whatever it is, it is VERY solid inside and out.

Dave

_IMG5131.jpg