New Listening Room, and New House

Mallette

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I cook and clean.....

Can't we all?  If you want to drag Gia down there, cook and clean...then good for you, and i'll get to meet you that much easier.  You won't find a lot of the stuff locally that you are used to, but we can help you with south meets south western.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

OK - lets cut the crap and get real.  You ain't movin' nowhere, let alone South. So, do you own a snowblower? Or a very large snow shovel ?

snow blower down for the season...

not shoveling a thing !

• Moderators

Hold up, please STOP trying to talk all the Northerners into moving South, if they all figure out what they have been missing they will all want to move. We don't have room or would want them all down here. They talk funny, have no real idea about seasoning food and just weird, please stop. It's true, I've been up there, the food sucks, it freezes and people are stranger than here, wouldn't blame them for moving, but just stay up there the snow is wonderful. 

I'm not talking about you Dirtmudd, this was about the others. :emotion-21:

For anyone else from the North that this may offend, it not you it's the others. :unsure:

:D

just kidding                                                                                                                        maby

signs-1-2-1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

At least up North we have no alligators or foot long mosquitoes or python wrestling schools.

JJK

but we don't have gators everywhere down here.  skeeters?  yes, afraid so but they do ok for batting practice... sometimes

• Haha 2

• Moderators

I was joking and really expected for people to jump all over me. No skeeters here but yes to alligators (removed 3 from our pond)and close enough to the sun to melt your brain, my excuse. The pythons are in Fla, tarantulas and scorpions way West of here. I would move North if we had tarantulas. :unsure: 1 hour South of here skeeters, so many there more dangerous than alligators.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

. No skeeters here

Lucky.

After hurricane Rita the air force used a huge transport plane (C130 maybe?) to spray for mosquitos here.  It was unreal how low that thing went and how big it was.  Normally it's little crop duster looking things that spray.

wow, serious spraying right there.  I live near the JAN airport/guard base.  they have the big transports - 130's maybe here too.  IDK. - that do flybys, touch & go's, or something,  circle low enough to hear the prop sound.  that part - kinda cool.

needing those babies to spray for skeeters?  not real cool if the need is that serious.  wow.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

The documentaries say that if those pythons get hungry enough they will venture to other areas.

JJK

They can't get this far, to cold in winter, it's probably the only reason they haven't moved to far North.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Lucky.

After hurricane Rita the air force used a huge transport plane (C130 maybe?) to spray for mosquitos here.  It was unreal how low that thing went and how big it was.  Normally it's little crop duster looking things that spray.

We might have a few off and on, very little really. Many years ago when we lived South of the lake and would come up here camping we were amazed there were no mosquitoes. It's really bad south of the lake toward the coastal areas where we use to live, you MUST go inside when the sun starts to set and can come out later as long as you do not walk in the grass and stir them up.

When I was little they would use trucks to spray, the kids in the neighborhood would follow them on our bikes. :o Breathing this can not be good, long term brain damage, y'all decide :blush:

I think we may have strayed off topic, sorry Dave.

Just now, dtel said:

. It's really bad south of the lake toward the coastal areas where we use to live, you MUST go inside when the sun starts to set and can come out later as long as you do not walk in the grass and stir them up.

One house I used to stay at years ago was really bad.  It was out of town and pretty much surrounded by rice fields.  My wife and I would pull as close to the house as possible and shut the engine off.  You could see the air start to move around the vehicle as a swarm would envelope the car.  We'd run as fast as we could to the house with key in hand for the front door all the while keeping your mouth shut as to not get any mosquitos in there.  It wasn't always that bad of course but certain times of the year were brutal.  It's nothing like that in town as they spray by air and truck.  When I would run in the evenings and a truck would see you , they'd shut the spray off till you passed but you couldn't run out of the cloud fast enough to suit me.  Don't get me started on fire ants.....................

• Haha 1