Chorus II $1200

vasubandu

The used market is kind of a funny place as in its all over the place there is no set prices and people often ask way too much for items but just as many will practically give stuff away. If comparing to brand new some of these older models should sell for much higher than they typically do, just look at these Chorus II's for $1200. Sure, they are on the higher side of typical resale but if you consider the prices of the new Cornwall III, forte III or even the Heresy III at $4500, $3600 and $2000 $1200 really doesn't seem too bad especially considering the Chorus II's will easily blow the doors off the H-III's. 

4 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

The used market is kind of a funny place as in its all over the place there is no set prices and people often ask way too much for items but just as many will practically give stuff away.

This is true.  I have lost out on deals by too much "paralysis by analysis."

The secret to getting a deal is to keep watching the market, make your buying decisions in advance.  When you see something that looks right, don't hesitate and start analyzing.  Know it when you see it and pounce when you see the deal that looks right for you.

• Like 1

yes definitely shop around.. those arent on the high side, they are at the TOP of what chorus 2 actually sell for from what ive seen over the last 5-10 years. up there with exaggerated ebay prices!

they look to be in nice shape but are the common oak finish, if they were oiled walnut that would help some.  of course everyone has their own idea of what any thing is worth & the used market is usually all over the place.  but considering WVU's average sale price for chorus 2 from the list he keeps, $1200 is far from a bargain.  i have bought & sold quite a few of these & heres the average prices i see.  i sold an oak set in above average shape for $700 without risers.  sold a second oak set with risers in excellent shape for $900 & took a month to sell.  hard to say what i paid for them as they were part of a package deal with amps, an academy center, 4 kg 2.5 surrounds & 2 pair of chorus 2's.  i found a pair of oiled walnut last year for $650 in very nice shape that i kept for myself as i love the walnut finish. 

so unless you really want/need these, i would just be patient, they do come up for much less.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:34 AM, wvu80 said:

The secret to getting a deal is to keep watching the market, make your buying decisions in advance.  When you see something that looks right, don't hesitate and start analyzing.  Know it when you see it and pounce when you see the deal that looks right for you.

I also have observed that at least in my market, sellers on Facebook tend to be far less informed than Craigslist.  Others are a tossup.  But Facebook is the place for me.

1 hour ago, jason str said:

Sorry but not even in the same ballpark.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Chorus/Chorus IIs are awesome speakers but my ears prefer the HI, HII, HIII.  I guess I just like those sealed cabinets.

Bill

18 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Bill, have you ever put some good SS amps to a pair of Chorus II's, and cranked em up?  My MC250's and the Chorus II's are pretty stunning.....

Yes, my buddy had a Cambridge Audio 540A integrated used as a preamp connected to an Acurus A200 and driving Chorus IIs and those babies rocked.

Again, I just love the Heresy series and their tight and punchy sound.

Bill

Just now, vasubandu said:

There seem to be a lot of Klipsch speakers similar in overall look to the KLF-30.  I think they must all have a 15 inch woofer.  Anyone know them all which are worth the time?

KLF-30 have dual 12's like the CF-4

KLF-10's and KLF-20's use dual 10's

Forte series and Heresy uses 12s

Chorus and Cornwall use 15'' 

I think Reference series tops out at 10s in their cabinets.  Could be wrong.