Simple question: what is the next step up from Chorus II?

vasubandu

• 1 year later...

I think the next step up is the K-horn.   I have had the Hersey, Forte II, Chorus II, Cornwall, and La Scala.   I will give you my thoughts on this matter.  The next step laterally would be the Cornwall.  The Chorus II has about the same bass response and the similar mid and tweeter frequencies as the Cornwall.  To pick the La Scala as the successor, you gain an unworldly better mid frequency but you simply lose all bass response.  In picking the Klipschorn as the successor, you gain that great mid frequency that the La Scala has(that the Chorus II hasn't) and you get the tight throbbing bass of the king of horns.

• Like 2

If you want to buy new, just get Jubilees and go to the head of the class. I'm expecting the 75th anniverary release to up the game aesthetically and aurally. Boom... done!

That being said, all the already produced Klipsch, especially Heritage and most all pro, are still awesome and bang for your buck speakers. 😁

On 8/22/2019 at 11:02 AM, Dave A said:

How did we get sucked into a year old thread? Ah yes Vasubandu and memory lane.

it does not matter, the topic of discussion is still valid and relevant to other readers. These topics continue to pop up again and again and your comments and experience can and will impact others for the better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, edzu1234 said:

I think the next step up is the K-horn.   I have had the Hersey, Forte II, Chorus II, Cornwall, and La Scala.   I will give you my thoughts on this matter.  The next step laterally would be the Cornwall.  The Chorus II has about the same bass response and the similar mid and tweeter frequencies as the Cornwall.  To pick the La Scala as the successor, you gain an unworldly better mid frequency but you simply lose all bass response.  In picking the Klipschorn as the successor, you gain that great mid frequency that the La Scala has(that the Chorus II hasn't) and you get the tight throbbing bass of the king of horns.

Many users have stated a preference for the LaScala used with a pair of subs over a Khorn as it provides greater flexibility of set up which also benefits the sound quality. You could shout out to those who have owned both set ups and see what they have to say about it.

13 hours ago, edzu1234 said:

I think the next step up is the K-horn. 

The next step laterally would be the Cornwall.  The Chorus II has about the same bass response and the similar mid and tweeter frequencies as the Cornwall. 

To pick the La Scala as the successor, you gain an unworldly better mid frequency but you simply lose all bass response.  In picking the Klipschorn as the successor, you gain that great mid frequency that the La Scala has(that the Chorus II hasn't) and you get the tight throbbing bass of the king of horns.

Interesting!  And that is an excellent defense of your choices, Ch2 over the LS, based on speakers you have owned.

The "traditional" pecking order, arguably is:

1. Jubes (I didn't used to include Jubes but I think they have now established themselves as a residential speaker)

2. Khorn

3. La Scala

4. Cornwall

5.  Chorus II

+++

Ed I don't know if your Chorus  II's have sold yet but if Chicago were any closer to West Virginia than it is those Ch2's would already be in my living room.  B)

I'll take a pair of Chorus IIs (Cornwall killers) over Cornwalls for listening any day. They just sound better to me.

I'll also sacrifice bass extension for the voicing of full horns every time too. So next step up from CHII for me is La Scala or Belle.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I'll take a pair of Chorus IIs (Cornwall killers) over Cornwalls for listening any day. They just sound better to me.

I'll also sacrifice bass extension for the voicing of full horns every time too. So next step up from CHII for me is La Scala or Belle.

That statement would have been valid. But Cornwall IV.........

• Like 1

19 hours ago, moray james said:

it does not matter, the topic of discussion is still valid and relevant to other readers. These topics continue to pop up again and again and your comments and experience can and will impact others for the better.

True and my comment was about Vasubandu and not the topic.

The new Cornwalls are better than the Chorus speakers which are better than all the other Cornwalls. For the widest range of sound from the homeowner Klipsch line the CW4 beats them all but the KHorn. Now the CW4 does not need a corner to work right so this alone, to me, makes it better than the KHorn unless you build a portable false corner for it. I prefer something I can use anywhere and not under special conditions.

Cost wise if buying new however I would go for the Jubilee which is more than CW4's and much less than KHorns which it trounces so easily.

For best value, if you can find them, KPT-456's and KPT-904's and up are stellar systems. I would take one of these over any of the others I have mentioned except the Jubes which you will never find used.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Simple question: what is the next step up from Chorus II?

Simple answer. Chorus III. Wished for it, but we did not get that. So we have Cornwall IV. We, not including me only because I can't afford 5 of them. CWIV really narrowed the gap with the LaScala group too. I remain extremely happy with my modified CHII X5 set-up regardless of the current state of new speakers that are currently available on the market. 

On 8/22/2019 at 1:02 PM, Dave A said:

How did we get sucked into a year old thread? Ah yes Vasubandu and memory lane.

On 11/7/2020 at 4:18 PM, moray james said:

I have no idea who elf2 was, but he lasted one month, made 4 posts and revived 3 threads.... and that is all lol

This one was a good one with Al and djk....

RIP Dennis

• Like 1