Outlaw 990 for $100 plus shipping SOLD

vasubandu

It literally looks new.  I believe that it has every conceivable party and the manual.  It is in the box-in-a-box that it was shipped in, so shipping would be really easy.  Sell for $100 plus actual cost of shipping.  It has most of the features I want, but no HDMI is a killer for me.  Anyone around Seattle, I will deliver.

Hey, @codewritinfool if you actually have a use for this, I would love to find a way to send it to you.  I'll be glad to split shipping with you. It is in the original shipping box with the original styrofoam. so it is hard to see how it could be hurt.  As I see it, I got it for free, and if someone else here could use it, I would love to send it to them.  Let me know.

I don't know anything about this unit but you might want to consider keeping it for your 2 channel rig unless you have something else in mind? Pre pro's / amp combo's are generally preferred over Receivers for 2 channel listening.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I don't know anything about this unit but you might want to consider keeping it for your 2 channel rig unless you have something else in mind?

I agree, give it a try.  

32 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Pre pro's / amp combo's are generally preferred over Receivers for 2 channel listening.

I agree again but my older NAD T773 flagship AVR sure gives all my rigs a run for their money in stereo playback.

Bill

4 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

I guess, but I just picked up an Integra DTR-50.6 for $200, and it seems easier for me to understand, although I can't get ay video out yet. So maybe I will switch back.

What is your plan for 2 channel? What is your main source going to be? 

22 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

What is your plan for 2 channel? What is your main source going to be? 

Have not thought about it much. I would guess Chorus.  Might try the tube thing or a good receiver.  I think I would go 3 channel not 2, maybe with a Heresy in the center.  Why just 2?

I am still thinking, but why 2 channel instead of 3?  I have read that the Heresy was developed as a center for other Heritage speakers.  I have some interest in learning about tube amplifiers.  But I was kind of thinking of 2 Chorus with a Forte or Heresy center.  From what I have read, a 3-channel receiver changes the landscape completely.  I would not go without a separate amp at this point, and maybe a preamp would make more sense.  I really have been thinking only about speakers, and trying not to think about planar or air speakers too much.