ALK forte II x over v2.0 remake

Alexander

On 2/13/2018 at 10:26 AM, Alexander said:

After a few days of listening to the networks together the phase thing is gone as expected. The low end is very tight with no lingering, detail is better across the board. There were details in music I had forgotten/not noticed since my Martin Logins. There also is a bit of added brightness that I need to get used to but part of this might also that my room is a little on the hard side and have been  planning to work on that already. ll in all I do like the new sound.

You are comparing your new V 2.0  crossovers to "your" factory copies.  Did you ever compare  your new  V 2.0  to your old  V 1.0  ALK stlyle Crossovers?

On 1/28/2018 at 12:12 AM, carlthess40 said:

Wish I had the know how to do this stuff. How much I. Parts do you think it would be for a set of heresy I crossovers. I k ow mine are old and the oem from Klipsch
I just do t ha e to coin for bobs great crossovers that are a tried and true crossover

Some PWI, posting while intoxicated. 🤪

On 2/13/2018 at 12:26 PM, Alexander said:

After a few days of listening to the networks together the phase thing is gone as expected. The low end is very tight with no lingering, detail is better across the board. There were details in music I had forgotten/not noticed since my Martin Logins. There also is a bit of added brightness that I need to get used to but part of this might also that my room is a little on the hard side and have been  planning to work on that already. ll in all I do like the new sound.

You are comparing your new V 2.0  crossovers to "your" factory copies.  Did you ever compare  your new  V 2.0  to your old  V 1.0  ALK stlyle Crossovers?

--------------------

No, at the time  I was comparing to a scratch built oem clone xo using Solen & new NPE caps, Zisters resisters and aftermarket 16 & 18ga inductors.

f2scratch.jpg