I'm a Believer! (another cable story)

kevinmi

Convenient no, but certainly feasible for most people (after all, not everyone has Khorns).

And think of future savings that would arise from this.  To discover for oneself that there are no audible differences b/w (suitable for the purpose) interconnects and speaker cables, etc... could save an audiophile hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars and prevent endless bouts of audiophile neurosis.  This experiment certainly brought my buying anything pricier than radio-shack grade wiring to a very abrupt end. I’m thankful for the lesson.

I've also done this to test the notion of speaker break-in.  With both my Paradigm S8's and Vandersteen 3A sigs, I Played one of the new pair overnight, then played both side by side.  Again, a myth (imho)

5 hours ago, ODS123 said:

Convenient no, but certainly feasible for most people (after all, not everyone has Khorns).

And think of future savings that would arise from this.  To discover for oneself that there are no audible differences b/w (suitable for the purpose) interconnects and speaker cables, etc... could save an audiophile hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars and prevent endless bouts of audiophile neurosis.  This experiment certainly brought my buying anything pricier than radio-shack grade wiring to a very abrupt end. I’m thankful for the lesson.

I've also done this to test the notion of speaker break-in.  With both my Paradigm S8's and Vandersteen 3A sigs, I Played one of the new pair overnight, then played both side by side.  Again, a myth (imho)

I would think you would need your speakers in their optimal position to hear the different nuances of varying cables and such. I'm glad you are happy believing that there is no difference in sound--certainly is cheaper

I spent some years trying out different interconnects and speaker cables in my system. Settled on some that sounded best to me, the rest sit in a box in my office.  Audiquest, Van den hull, synergistic research, MIT, Cardas, lots of stuff sitting around, some in use, some not.  None seemed to have as much influence on the sound as my electronics...so I focused on getting my system to a point where I loved the music and stopped tweaking.  I am sure people can optimize any and all pieces of their system, including cables.  I say more power to them, if it helps them enjoy the music more.  I won’t call foul even if they use magic dots on thier LPs, Just don’t tell me what’s right or wrong for me in my house, on my system with my music.   Enjoy the music.  Warm regards from sunny El Salvador, Tony 

• 2 weeks later...