For Sale Crown Macrotech 3600vz ....

SWL

For sale is a Crown Macrotech 3600vz power amp. This thing is in almost perfect condition. You'll have a hard time finding any blemishes.

Those 'in the know' are aware of how serious this amp is. This is real Crown power. Not the modern junk.

1160 watts @ 8ohms. I was saving this for a subwoofer project but with some recent upgrades to my main speakers used exclusively for two-channel listening I don't see using a sub for a while (yeah, right).

I also have a brand new 'quiet fan' and filter that came with it that I never got around to installing.

I'm asking exactly what I paid for it. $1000.

This amp is the real deal in power and sound quality. I'd rather not ship but it's not out of the question.

Thanks,

-Scott

6032b11a99a5f683015d53d096f3b1a7.jpg9ca6cd0e1016800d0195f61216025022.jpg3646767e45229358ceb95ad44a718b6e.jpgbdfa42ab907e04a205ebc569099f5826.jpgc1a152d32417e08a6bc15071450f5ce3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would go as low as $700 to a forum member. Selling it to fund another quad of Ciare woofers for my other pair of KLF-30'S.

This amp has serious clean power. At this price compared to the newer entry level pro-amps, it's a no-brainer.....which is why I bought it in the first place. However, at this point new woofers are a higher priority right now.

• 2 months later...

IS THIS STILL AVAILABLE !

Craig LeMay

281-469-1111   

Born2Rock@Comcast.net 

52 minutes ago, Born2RockU said:

I          Craig LeMay

Hi Craig, I don't mean to thread drift on your transaction for the amp, but I have a request.

I read your signature quote and you have a very interesting setup.  A heavily modified La Scala between two RF-7 III's and an RC-64 III as a back-center height.  You definitely have out-of-the-box thinking.

Would you mind starting a thread discussing your setup sound and the reasoning behind it? 

Thanks.  -Dave

Klipsch  THEATER (5.2.1)

- (4) RF-7 i i i's  FRONT + SURROUND L/R's

- (1) LaScala '89 CENTER  (Crites a-55G Mid / DEANg Crossover)

- (1) RF-64 i i i BACK-Center HEIGHT

00004 March 2018 -System  PWK.JPG

• Like 1

DEFINITELY out of the BOX Thinking, huh ?

Actually , the acoustic's in my HUGELY combined Living Room / Dining Room / Kitchen area is NOT optimal for listen to music.

Too much space and reflections to fix, to maintain a beautiful living room setting, in my house.

Thus, the reason I mounted a RC-64iii above my head, ...for a Near Field (L/C/R) Stereo Music listening approach,

...along with those RF-7iii's flanked to each of my sides (L+R)  = a TOTAL NEAR FIELD experience, ....and believe me ...it worked !

{Talk about SEAMLESS with the RF-64iii above your head, ...it fills in Left/Right imaging gaps perfect !}

I can't stand listening to Music ,  with my FRONT STAGE (Rf-7 iii's and LaScala setup) .

The seating area is way to far away ...for that large room.

{So, you can take the LaScala (and front RF-7iii's) out of the picture for MUSIC listening.}

Now for MOVIES the LaScala is KING for the Center Channel THEATER listening, in this large ROOM.

I would never use a LaScala and RF-7iii as a MUSIC setup .... totally MIX-MATCHED  TIMBRE's !

BUT with MOVIES , I really doesn't need to be TIMBRE matched, for me.

DOES THAT EXPLAIN- Dave ?

PS- I have a dedicated 2-channel JUBILEE ROOM , upstairs above my Living Room !

~Rock On, ...

Craig LeMay

Born2Rock@Comcast.net 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 6:20 AM, SWL said:

Sold !!!

That's CORRECT !  ...and it's all mine !

What a pleasant experience purchasing this CROWN amp from SWL

An Incredible deal indeed, and he even shipped it Double-Boxed from Twin Lakes,Wisconsin ....all the way to Houston, TEXAS !

An Incredibly informative Klipsch veteran, he is.

I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone, ...if they are purchasing products from him. 

He replied to every text / email promptly and even stayed in contact everyday...thru the whole process of shipment, too !

Thank You again SWL !

~You rocked my world !

-Craig

• Like 1