Parasound 275

Rivernuggets

What do you think of Parasound's model 275 two channel amp? Here it is.

I'm close to purchasing one but haven't found out much online, except Parasound has a decent reputation.

They have a version 2 currently available with more wattage, otherwise similar specs.

The only way to really know is purchase and listen. Just curious if I should know anything before pulling the trigger.

12 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

I'm not sure I want to drop that much on a pioneering purchase. Are you a fan of Parasound? Is $1150 a good price for their 5250 model?

The seller lowered the price since last night. Local is way better than shipping a heavy HT amp. This model is about 10 years old. Thinking....

2 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I like the 275... technically it's the V2 for the current model:

http://www.parasound.com/275-v2.php

I have two of them on my Jubilees.  One of those little things on my bass bins is enough to make my insides feel funny. :)  

Thanks for your thoughts. The one within my grasp is the first version 275.

Nice to hear they work well with the crazy efficient Jubilee. I like a very quiet noise floor. Everyone prefers it, sure, but it's particularly not cool if I can hear a hiss, slight hum, buzz, etc.