Tuba Home Theatre Low Profile...

SWL

Ok, I have the mic now and I installed REW.

I've been trying to get info from three sources without much input. I'm thinking that possibly REW has to be running to make the mini-dsp work? I hope this is the case.

I poked around on REW and it's clear that I need to do some homework before I get in too deep.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm up and running! Finally. It took three days but I made it!

Don't ask me how.... I might fall over. LOL

Got the mains running full range and have the mini-dsp playing the subs 40hz and down. This is exactly what I expected as far as integration but won't be able to crank it up until later. It's 3:30 am right now. So you can see, this has really been bugging me!

So, what I ended up having to do was go into the plug-in file and pin it to my desktop screen. After that all I had to do was open that icon and there it was......what I've been looking for.....for over two days.

I've always read how these subs have a 'tactile' effect on the sound but never heard it with these subs. Now I do.....just like the SVS subs I had. They had tactile up the wazoo but do not play as clean as these horn loaded subs.

These things are freaking me out. I'm playing test tones from 40hz down to 25hz. That's how I programed the mini-dsp. They are strong all the way down to 25hz. Rattling everything in my house and probably the house down the street. Those videos I watched with Tubas showing off their power.....now I've got it.....and it's scary power. I haven't even turned up the system yet! I'm gonna have to go back to my SVS days and break out the Velcro and re-arrange some nicknacks, etc. to keep stuff from moving around.

Thanks Wim. Yeah, looks like you can tweak til your hearts content with this thing. So far I'm really happy but thinking I might trying cutting the sub off at 35hz instead of 40hz and see what that does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWL said:

Thanks Wim. Yeah, looks like you can tweak til your hearts content with this thing. So far I'm really happy but thinking I might trying cutting the sub off at 35hz instead of 40hz and see what that does.

theres 2 important points here....1 the co pt will of course create a graph that will help u create a flat response.  but distance plays a huge factor too.  as u adjust the sub distance that co graph will change dramatically.    there can be a 15db suckout or bump at the co depending upon distance.  measure the actual distance to the mlp including the horn length and then dial in the co pt u want.  it is night and day getting it right that midbass u want will shine when right

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1713458-mtg90a-s-multiple-subwoofers-mains-integration-how-thread.html

• Like 1

Thanks RK......gonna give my melon a break for a while LOL. Setting this thing up was driving me nuts and yeah, it turned out to be something right under my nose. I'm just not very computer savvy.

Don't be surprised if you end up using a 48 dB per octave low pass slope with those Tubas to properly integrate them at a low frequency

That's exactly the slope I have them at right now. [emoji106]