My God this guy is making CF-4

vasubandu

Have to wonder.  How are they using the compression driver from 350-24khz.  Sounds like there is a lot of wiggle room in a spec that is supposed to be +/- 3db.  Any horn driver that gets close to that costs 3/4 what the whole of the speaker does so I would need to hear them to believe they were really that smooth of a frequency response.

1 hour ago, vasubandu said:

2017?

And I am not saying that they are all that great, just interesting.

No the AVSforum link, looks like they've been making stereo speakers for quite awhile now, I only knew about their subs which have quite a good reputation. 

• Like 1

Speakers with the MTM arrangement have caught my eye ever since I purchased my Epic CF3's, some 16 years ago.    I started reading about the JTR speakers over at AVS when the first post began on that thread.  Here is another one of interest. 

OK @shiva that is nothing short of cruel.  Accordiong to hifishark.com a pair of RM-8V sold on Yahoo Auctions in 2017 for $30,169.  A pair of the 6 was on Audiogon for $33,000. https://www.audiogon.com/listings/monitors-rey-audio-kinoshita-rm-6vc-in-perfect-condition-2015-08-26-speakers-119034.  

Suddenly that seems reasonable.  Should I sell the older kid or the younger one?

2 hours ago, vasubandu said:
2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Damn, that thread is almost 10 years old already.. 

2017?

There is an "Official JTR" thread on avsforum.com that I linked to, that is where all the owners go to talk about them and has 38,000 posts. 

The link by @EpicKlipsch was to an AVSforum.com article by a staff member regarding Axpona 2017.

11 hours ago, vasubandu said:

OK so I sent one of those comments from the jtrspeakers.com  website just to say how impressed I was and that I hoped to be buy a set some day, and Jeff, the J  of JTR sent me a very gracious email in response. How often does that happen?

Anyone that knows anything about marketing and customer service should act that way.  That should be the norm not the exception.  It should not be a big deal (not putting it down or anything).  If you don't get treated that way when looking at a piece of equipment that costs a few grand, you should look elsewhere.

• Like 2