ALK or Crites B3 for Cornwall

mopardave

Getting close to ordering some new ox for my home brew CW"s with vert horns.   K33E, K57k, K77M for components.   Whats your take on these two ox's with Cornwalls?    Currently looks like the ALK universals are still available, so thats is what i'm interested in as well as Crites B3.     Curious if there is any difference in the sound between the two xo's?      Thanks 

Gonna give Bob a call here in a bit and see what he thinks is best.   Don't think i can go wrong with Crities xo's as someone on these boards guided me into building B xo' s using air core inductors on the woofers.  I'm now finding out that was all wrong and not what this combo of components needed to sound there best.

38 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Well, it seems that on this forum, comparing alk, crites and your xo's is a bit of taboo.   I read alk's net page and i see there is some hard feelings going on here with these different xo's.

I've only ever dealt with Crites out of the three, sent him lots of money over the years without incident, always top notch service, fast turn around and quality products. 

I've been tempted to try some of the ALK products, been looking at the Eliptrac tweeters lately thinking I may switch to those in my 362's but I already have the ct-120's in there so kind of a hard sell, wish he offered the lenses by themselves. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mopardave said:

Well, it seems that on this forum, comparing alk, crites and your xo's is a bit of taboo.  I read alk's net page and i see there is some hard feelings going on here with these different xo's.

It’s not “taboo” For others to do that, but it is inappropriate for me to comment since I’ve lost some objectivity - and promoting my own work tends to irritate some people. :-) Don’t worry about my feelings, I’m past all of that nonsense. Hope you enjoy your new networks. 

1 hour ago, Deang said:

It’s not “taboo” For others to do that, but it is inappropriate for me to comment since I’ve lost some objectivity - and promoting my own work tends to irritate some people. :-) Don’t worry about my feelings, I’m past all of that nonsense. Hope you enjoy your new networks. 

No problem Dean.  I understand.    I appreciate all your help.

wow! He bad some nice stuff, i.e., the elliptrac tweeter that AlK has been selling. A lot of folks have put in his Fastrack horns.

I thought his mini punch bass cab was cool.

Side biz is hard to keep going.

Bruce

Crites networks equals lateral move.  ALK Universals are not designed for the Cornwall only the big three Heritage.  Although Al did make a Type B replacement for a short time they were very pricey but so nice (I have a set in my '80 Cornwalls).  Dean offers a variety of builds with components to meet your budget that are definate improvements over the original designs.

ALK Type B Network 1.jpg