ALK or Crites B3 for Cornwall

mopardave

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, jjptkd said:

I've only ever dealt with Crites out of the three, sent him lots of money over the years without incident, always top notch service, fast turn around and quality products. 

I've been tempted to try some of the ALK products, been looking at the Eliptrac tweeters lately thinking I may switch to those in my 362's but I already have the ct-120's in there so kind of a hard sell, wish he offered the lenses by themselves. 

Buy the lenses direct from Dave at Fastlane Audio. I forget how much I paid for them, somewhere around $220 for all four lenses. If your have the 120 drivers, you're golden. I have the 110s and the are really good

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Dave is great to deal with!  Love his Fastrac and Eliptrac horns!  Great product for a fair price!

I was sad to see him leave the forum as he was a great contributor.    

I wasn't done buying from him so I'm more sad to hear he is "done."  I hope it was by choice and not because of misfortune.

I received the B3's from Bob a few weeks ago.   Finally made the trip to my dads where the CW's are being stored in his living room.    Opened the box and first impression was WOW!   Very nice workman ship.    Got them installed without issue and hooked them up to my dads SS HK integrated amp using my old yamaha player.     The sound was very clean, but toned down a bit from what i remember, but that could be from the equipment driving them as well.   I think with my 25w/ch EL34 tube amp and the sony E333es player they will sound very impressive for sure.   The Crites xo's are a work of art.      Thanks Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Was about to post this same question, as a new owner of some sweet later (1979) Cornwall 1s, glad to find this via search :). I just spoke to both Al and Bob, and Bob was pretty convincing in his arguments against the steeper slopes that Al uses. I'm giving Bob's B-2s a try. 

4 hours ago, Deang said:

The problem isn’t the “slopes”, which aren’t “steep” at all, but the crap parts. 

Do you build a Cornwall crossover with a different design than Bob's/stock or Al's?