Pair Klipschorn For Sale, Black, 2010

gbateman

One pair (Qty. 2) of Black Klipschorn Horn Loaded Speakers purchased in 2010 from an authorized dealer, first and only owner.  Moving and unfortunately must sell.  All paperwork included but tossed the crating as I never thought I would be selling these.  Very low usage on them and they are really just being broken in.  No cosmetic damage at all and very lovingly cared for by a lifelong Klipsch fan.  Must be picked up North of Houston, TX in Magnolia, TX or shipping arranged.  Demo is available if serious and by apt only with valid ID provided before hand but the record player and albums have already been packed away so CD or IPOD connection only.  These loudspeakers only get better with age and unfortunately I've put much less use into them than I wanted so they are very much like brand new.  Supra Sword speaker cable is included, $10,000.00 for pair.

Also have a Bryston 4BSST 2 Amplifier and Bryston BP-6 Preamp for sale and willing to make a deal for all three items if purchased as a package. Still 13 years left on the warranty, all paperwork included. Bryston Amp/Preamp Package, $4,700.00
This amp provides all the power and clarity you need. I'll include the Supra Sword speaker cables.
4BSST 2 Specifications:
Design: Two-Channel Solid State Power Amplifier
Power Output: 300 Watts RMS x 2 into 8 Ohms/500 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms
MFR: 1 Hz - 100 kHz
Inputs: RCA Unbalanced, XLR Balanced
Input Impedance: 50 kOhms Unbalanced, 20 kOhms Balanced
THD+N: 0.003%
Dimensions: 5.25″ H x 17.25″ W x 19″ D
Weight: 50 Pounds
MSRP: $4,195 USA
Bryston Ltd. is a Canadian company which has been designing and manufacturing audio equipment for over 35 Years. While there are many companies competing in their market, Bryston's gear is coveted by enthusiasts and professionals alike. They have earned the reputation of providing bullet-proof reliability, high performance and value. Byston's value is not due to a bargain basement price. You won't find them at the local Wal-Mart.
It's the sound and their 20 year guarantee of high performance that can make a Bryston purchase a value. This remarkable warranty speaks to Bryston's confidence in their own quality standards, and it is definitely the exception versus the rule in the A/V industry.

BP6 Preamplifier Specs:
The Bryston BP6 preamplifier is a simplified state-of-the-art preamplifier combining outstanding function with complete musical accuracy, providing an exact duplication of the original recording experience, without distortion or coloration.
Input: 4x RCA single ended pairs*, RCA single ended (tape loop), SPDIF (RCA)**
Output: 2x RCA single ended pairs
Features:
Class A discrete operational amplifiers
Four pairs of high level stereo inputs
Gold plated input and output contact surfaces

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

11 minutes ago, Zim. said:

Not quite.  Bryston products with a date code of 9805 (1/30/1998)  thru 0607 (02/21/2006) are grandfathered and still have the remaining 20 yr. warranty fully transferable. 

From Bryston:

'As of 2006-02-22 Bryston will only warranty Bryston products purchased through authorized Bryston dealers. Bryston products with a date code of 0608 or higher (date code format is “yyww”, where “yy” is the two least significant digits of the year and “ww” is the week of the year) must be accompanied by a copy of the bill-of-sale from a Bryston authorized dealer to qualify for warranty service. The warranty is transferable from the original owner to a subsequent owner as long as a copy of the bill-of-sale from the original authorized Bryston dealer accompanies the re-sale. The copy of the bill of sale to any subsequent owner need ONLY include the Name of the Bryston Authorized Dealer and the Model and Serial number of the Bryston product. The warranty will only be honoured in the country of the original purchase unless otherwise pre-authorized by Bryston. '

The OP's Bryston was likely manufactured in 2011 making the warranty non-transferable.

Thanks Zim. My buddy owns a couple of 4B amps and they are fantastic. I couldn't find anything stating transferable outside of what you posted.

I knew about the grand-fathered option but could find nothing as to recent purchases except for what I was seeing here:

Warranty Details

Bryston analog audio products and loud speakers are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for twenty (20) years from the original date of manufacture. The warranty includes parts and labour. Speaker warranty is limited to the first time buyer and is non-transferable.

To the OP, amazing set up by the way, I have heard the Bryston matched with Chorus II and Forte II and if I had the money that would be the direction I would be going as well. The fact that you have mint KHorns is that much sweeter. Wishing you a quick sale!

Nice speakers, nice audio package.  We don't often see late model Khorns from this century on the used market, thanks for posting them here.

If you don't mind a compliment, I love the way you set up your ad.  Excellent pictures of all the right places, there's a shot of the S/N and your description answers nearly all the questions a buyer would want to know.  There are so many people who have good stuff and ask good money for their speakers then provide one blurry picture.  You did it right.

I'm not currently in the market for Khorns, but I wish you GLWYS.

• Like 2

I talked direct with Bryston and they confirmed that as long as I have the original receipt from an authorized dealer then the remaining warranty is still good and can be transferred.  I did purchase from an authorized dealer and I have all paperwork.

• Like 1