Yamaha RX-797 Stereo Receiver and Yamaha CDC-697 CD Player - SOLD

japosey

I'm looking to sell my Yamaha RX-797 Stereo Receiver and a CDC-897 CD player.  I'm the second owner of the receiver and sole owner of the CD player.  The receiver was Yamaha's most powerful stereo receiver when it was released.  It is rated at 100 x 2 @ 8 ohms and I believe it sold for around $450-$500 when new.  I've owned the unit for the last 10 years.  The logo is missing and I'm using RCA's to connect the pre-in/outs.  The CD player was bought new by me and hardly used.  I did notice that the display is a little dim. I believe I have the original box for the CD player. Both of these units sit in my office and are in excellent working order.

RX-797 - $100

CDC-697 $25

RX-7972.jpg

RX-797.jpg

YCD.jpg

ycd2.jpg

Not sure what the deal is with these older Yamahas but they sure don't hold any value. They are very reliable and at the time they came out, offered everything you would need for top flite sound. I owned the RX-V2700 which was only one or two rungs below their flagship and sold for $1700 new. I sold it for $75 after sitting on it for six months. Sad considering what you paid originally for these receivers. Good luck with your sale!

I owned the RX-v2700 too!  It was a great unit and had a pretty nice amplifier section.  It was definitely more powerful than the RX-A1020 I'm using now. Man $75 is a bummer.  I sold mine maybe 2-3 years ago.  Fortunately, I got $200 for mine.

• Like 1