SOLD! Pair of KP301, cosmetically challenged but sound great

jtnfoley

--Edit - self-quoting to leave original description intact.

Long time no speak, Kipschers...

I don't think I've been here for six years or more. I'm still rocking the Speakerlab-Ks with supertweeters and A/4500 crossovers in my 2ch system and bone stock La Scalas in the home theater.

I've not done anything audio related (besides listen) for years, so it's time to purge some of the collection.

First up, the KP301s:

Klipsch Professional KP301 (Series I) large KP logo. 
Condition is good, not great; These have seen the road... One logo is broken, and one or two binding posts are broken. I've used them with 1/4" with great results.  
Crossovers have been rebuilt, these sound excellent.

I'll try to get pictures this week.

$250/OBO in southeast Massachusetts. Crossposted.

Many, many appologies to those who participated in this thread. I've had some battles recently, but an once again turning my attention to The Purge.

Still for sale, along with my La Scalas and Tangent 5000s, and some SS components. More ads to follow.

I'll have these set up for testing by this weekend. Pictures at that time too.

IMG_3307.JPG

IMG_3308.JPG

IMG_3311.JPG

IMG_3313.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

What’s your location

11 hours ago, jtnfoley said:

looks like location is SE Mass.  I was going to suggest pics to help but you already mentioned will try to post them, so never mind that.

GLWYS

17 hours ago, jtnfoley said:

Long time no speak, Kipschers...

I don't think I've been here for six years or more. I'm still rocking the Speakerlab-Ks with supertweeters and A/4500 crossovers in my 2ch system and bone stock La Scalas in the home theater.

I've not done anything audio related (besides listen) for years, so it's time to purge some of the collection.

First up, the KP301s:

Klipsch Professional KP301 (Series I) large KP logo. 
Condition is good, not great; These have seen the road... One logo is broken, and one or two binding posts are broken. I've used them with 1/4" with great results.  
Crossovers have been rebuilt, these sound excellent.

@jtnfoley

Would you consider shipping all of the parts?  If so, I'll take them and pay now for the parts and then shipping when possible.  I have a Fedex account.  I could easily build new cabinets.  PM sent.

30 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Would you consider shipping all of the parts?  If so, I'll take them and pay now for the parts and then shipping when possible.  I have a Fedex account.  I could easily build new cabinets.  PM sent.

Wow, good thinking!

BTW avguytx. I'm not trying to ruin your sale. I just honestly think it would be better if they stayed in one piece, and that it would be much easier for the OP. Plus this is exactly the type of thing I've been searching for on my limited budget. 

To make it fair. If I ever sell them. I'll be happy to give you the right of first refusal. To be honest though. I doubt they'll be getting sold anytime soon if I do manage to get them. But knowing my luck. They're already gone anyway. Lol

3 minutes ago, HOGFAN said:

These are really good speakers.  For the price, they are a steal, if all components work properly.

I bought a semi-ugly pair a few years back and then decided to put them under the knife. 

Hogfan

Those turned out really nice! Is that grill cloth over metal grills? Did you spray paint the cabinets? 

They had the original grill cloth on them, which had holes and tears throughout.  The only metal grill is down on the woofer.  I just replaced the original cloth was something I found at Parts Express.

The paint is actually Duratex that I had them tent to the specific red.....Go Hogs!!!

I also have a pair of KP 450's and these little 301's do a dang good job of keeping up.....mostly!

Hogfan

23 minutes ago, HOGFAN said:

I bought a semi-ugly pair a few years back and then decided to put them under the knife. 

Hogfan

IMG_0270.JPG

a "semi-ugly" pair you said?  I'm guessing my eyes are giving me issues today, looking at your 'before' pics.  but a really good job there on the Hog Red.  really good job.

woo pig soooooiiiieeeee.  and War Eagle  B)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, avguytx said:

I'm with you.  But if cabinets are challenged or rough, sometimes that just happens.  If they work for you, it's a great deal.  I can probably scavenge up the parts over time.

Nah they're not that bad. If you search his profile he tried to sell them here a few years ago, and has a link to some pictures. No worse then HOGFAN's are. But in reality. They'll probably need about the same amount of work to look nice. I mean to do them right anyway. 

I'm not too concerned with looks myself anyway. I just need a nice pair of speakers that get loud on my low powered tubes right now, and that I can improve over time. But I'm telling you. With my luck. I'll never get them. Lately nothing has gone they way I expect it to. Not even close. Since like mid to late November. 

So even if he still has them. Something else will prevent me. It's just been my luck lately. Seriously. Lol

HOGFAN 

In my research trying to find info I saw all kinds of stuff about these speakers. But none that looked anywhere near as nice as yours do. Those are awesome. If I ever take the time to go all out on any pair of speakers like this (pro audio with the trim). I'm doing it that color or similar. They look perfect that way. With the contrasting color of the trim. Very nice. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, amb3cog said:

HOGFAN 

In my research trying to find info I saw all kinds of stuff about these speakers. But none that looked anywhere near as nice as yours do. Those are awesome. If I ever take the time to go all out on any pair of speakers like this (pro audio with the trim). I'm doing it that color or similar. They look perfect that way. With the contrasting color of the trim. Very nice. 

Thank you for the compliment!  I had come across a lot of good info about these speakers, so when I had an oppty to jump on these....I did.  I went with the red/black because I use them at Razorback football tailgate events.  They sound fantastic.....and their new facelift ain't bad either.....they turn heads!

Hogfan

• Like 1