Vtdc

Hello friends 

am building a new DIY home theater with a pair of  RP-280FA, 450C, pair of 260S and 115SW. Not much experience in AV RECEIVER. So it is 5.1.2 system with 8 channel driven? Please suggest which one to go for, which should able to power these beasts. Manufacturer specs are very confusing.

Edited by Vtdc

I assume you want an Atmos AVR to power your RP280FA. A 5.1.2 system is 5 channel surround sound, 1 channel to the subwoofer, and 2 channels to the Atmos speakers. All the channels are powered by the AVR except the sub channel, a sub has it's own amp. 

There are many options for AVRs, and most will power those speakers. Are you in the US? There are a few companies that do well in terms of selling audio gear. There are a few members on here that know the best route to find the deals.

And btw....welcome :D

I would call Cory or visit Accessories 4less......Maybe go with separates from Cory or Emotiva . I got an Integra from Accessories4less that i like a lot. You are right the spec they list are usually for 2 channel only so when you divide it up you gat 1/4 of what you thought you had. People here can help you a lot, if you live close to a member you could go see their set up I'm sure.

Thanks.. am based out of Minnesota...I want the make and model number for AVR  from the experts out here...which can go with my setup..

How is the “Sound Distributors” company? They are giving the above bundle with Marantz 7011.. do they sell brand new Genuine Klipsch? I know 7011 is an older model..

Edited by Vtdc