Which In-Ceiling Speakers for atmos sound ?

mrpellepelle

I went with 4x of the 5800's, I wanted to tonally match the front stage as much as possible.  Honestly I'm not sure if there is much advantage vs going with the 5650's, since they both have the 1" titanium tweeter and cerametallic woofers, and they stay crossed over at 80hz.  But bigger is better right? :) 

For the kind of watching we do, most of the time I don't notice much if anything coming from the ceiling speakers.   But once in a while I'll be surprised at audio content in a movie and I'm glad I put them in.  Regardless, I would do it again.

1 hour ago, EpicKlipsch said:

How about the something like the AW 650, would they be comparable sound-wise?

I wouldn't do that.  Those make for a nice outdoor speaker but they need to stay out there. :)  That being said, from what I hear the guys in the lab in Indy used CP-6's for some kind of surround sound since they liked it so much.  I'm not a fan of those but they seem to be.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 1:10 AM, mrpellepelle said:

Hi Guys,

what do you think about the SLM-3400-C ?

Only use those when you have duct work or something right behind the holes and you have very little clearance.  If there's no pressing need to use them then don't.  

4 hours ago, stoka said:

How's about the PRO-160RPC or the PRO-180RPC?

Shouldn't they fit better with the RP-Line?

Probably.  If you can hear the difference :D

Yeah they are the new generation in-ceiling, so in theory should match the new gen RP and RF better.

On 2/1/2018 at 10:46 AM, EpicKlipsch said:

How about the something like the AW 650, would they be comparable sound-wise?

The AW-650's would work nicelly if you have a tall enough ceiling. They sound great and would be easier to aim and what not. I tried them for my Atmos setup but my ceiling is only 7.5 feet tall. After hanging down a few inches I felt I didn't have quite enough speration from the surrounds. But thinking back, it probably was just as good since they could be aimed better than in-ceiling speakers.